98 A3 Jetta with Only 9,044 miles, Yes, 9K miles.

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
Hi Folks, This is not my vehicle but, a close friend and colleague was at this sale in FL and saw it bring way too much money. We were attempting to buy it as well. It needed some minor body work and is a base model without moonroof. It is black and I don't recall the interior colour. VIN #3VWRF81H6WM209447. This dealer not only had to pay big $$ for this vehicle, he also had to transport it to MI, so I don't think you will get a barn burning price. It is located at Livonia Autoplex - 34501 Plymouth Rd. - Livonia, MI 48150 - Contact: Jim Malpete - Phone: (734) 425-5400. I have absolutely no affiliation with this dealer or vehicle. I am just turning this on to our fellow club members who may be interested. I would appreciate a follow-up on any correspondance or sale. Later!

Ron Rich

TDI
1996 Passat TDI wagon
9,000 miles in 5 years ?!?
It has been my understanding that very low miles are as bad or worse than very high miles. This car has either been sitting for long periods of time or driven regularly on VERY short trips (ie. if driven 5 days per week, that is less than 7 miles per day).
Is it correct to think very low miles are bad? How much of a premium (if any) should this car command versus and identical car with, say, 90,000 miles?
Thanks for the feedback.
Ron Rich

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
Hello Rich, You may be right but, all I can tell you is that it was a new car trade in and the new car store ran it through the sale. The other thing I can tell you is, this one will bring a load more $$ than one with 90,000 miles, trust me. As a matter of fact, it brought a couple grand more here wholesale than one with 90K would have brought retail. Later!