What is your favorite fueling stop?

What is your preferred fueling station

• Total voters

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
Okay all,

Forgive me if this has been posted before...but we should make this a sticky in the fuels and lubricants forum.

So what fuel do you prefer?

Last edited:

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
Some of us don't have access to all of those choices, so its hard to compare the final results of this poll.

Why no biodiesel options?

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
Well, good point. But I can't seem to edit the poll. Any idea how I can edit it?

Could probably take Crown out and put BioD in it's place....but I can't seem to figure out why I am able to edit the thread, but not the poll itself. Any others can put their response under 'other'. Polls only allow a max of 10 options.

Last edited:

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
it is semi-meaningless, no offense intended, as Shell in one region might be wonderful and could be real doggey-doo-doo in another. It is a regional issue.

Here' my favorite waterin' hole:

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
Well, that is one of the reasons I made the results public. If people vote, the person can look and see who is from what area and find out what people in that area prefer. Not perfect, but better than nothing at all. This is one of the first questions I had when I joined the club.

BioThomas

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
Shell, because it is right around the corner. Hugo's station, as in Hugo Chavez's, is right around the corner too, but I prefer not to go there, because. Oh yeah, just remembered it's Valero, right around the corner.

Leedogg

Veteran Member
TDI
Present: 05 Passat TDI Past: 06 Jetta TDI
I voted other- I run Amoco ultimat in my Trans Am exclusively(unless it isn't available. And generally I run diesel from Love's truck stop in Gulfport MS in the TDI- they are the cheapest I found on the gulf coast. When I HAVE to fuel up at home I run BP or Conoco.

Last edited:

TXBilll

TDI
2000 Golf GLS TDI
BioThomas said:
I don't know about you, but I do not want to void my warranty. What kind of mix do you run?
Mine's a 2000 model with well over 100K so i run B99.9. or whatever they sell at Houston Biodiesel. I only run diesel in emergencies.

I understand not wanting to void the warranty. What i am saying is if you can only run 5% why even bother doing it at all, it just seems like a waste to me just to run B5. I'd just run D2 till the warranty is over then run B100 or B99.9 or whatever. IMHO of course.:)

BioThomas

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
TXBilll said:
... I understand not wanting to void the warranty. What i am saying is if you can only run 5% why even bother doing it at all, it just seems like a waste to me just to run B5. I'd just run D2 till the warranty is over then run B100 or B99.9 or whatever. IMHO of course.:)
Bill, yes AFIK, they do sell B99.9. The reason I run B5 is because it makes my car run better and I understand that it enhances the burn. Also, I have read somewhere here on the forums that it enhances the combustion.

Currently I am at 2300 miles on the clock. I believe that if things go wrong with a new car, they usually go wrong within in the first 15,000 miles, or so. After I have reached that, I will probably switch to B20 and slowly work my way up to eventually run B99.9.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Favorite Fueling Stop?

I have a 96 Passat wagon. What's a 'fueling stop'? :p

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
I voted "other" because I stick to fueling up at only high volume truck stops and busy gas stations that do lots of diesel business, regardless of brand. :cool:

mazot

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2003, Indigo Blue
Shell in summer and Mobil in winter. I selected Shell because Mobil is not listed.

03_01_TDI

Banned
TDI
Na
Hess, main reason is I use a Hess credit card. So that I get 5% off of the price of fuel. A savings of 10-15 cents per gallon. Then I also get 1% in free fuel for all other purchases.

I often get 20.00 per month in free fuel. or 320 miles worth of free fuel.

ofhs93

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 99.5, Silver
Well I voted Citgo only because they are the highest volume place in my travels therefore they get my business...they also happen to be the cheapest and I have NEVER had a bad fuel experience from there. Hopefully I'll be able to say none of the above in the future if I can get a BioD setup together....no local BioD options at all around here.

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
I voted other. I have a Gulf station right down the end of the street. The car runs just fine on their green fuel.

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
There's a Sunoco about 5 miles from me that is rumored to have BP Diesel Supreme. Voted other.

There's also a Sunoco that can be right on my way to work with a minor route change, and they're considering selling B20. :D

Oh, and TXBill: B5 is better than nothing. What you're saying is kinda like saying "oh, the SUV only gets 5 MPG less than the minivan, so I'll get the SUV."

michigandon

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 A3
compu_85 said:
'nuff said:

What the bottom of the sign says:

That was the B99 price at the time :)

-Jason
This is where I usually go too. Unofortunately, their B99 is now .07 higher than D2 or B20. :(

I also sometimes use the Pilot Travel Center @ Baker Rd and I-94.