Serious Question on Eligibility - 2013 Jetta Buyback

Ajlal24

TDI
98 Jetta TDI, 2012 Golf TDI
A family member purchased a 2013 Jetta a couple weeks ago that I assumed the fix was completed on. Turns out it wasn't and the car is throwing DSG issues, most likely mechatronics. There is some shotty work done on the rear end from an apparent accident though was repaired nicely from the outside with tons of bondo. I want to help them get out of the car.

Here are issues I've found with the cars:

-Salvage Title
-On 09/21/2016 it was on road and there after it was salvaged
-Purchased on 01/03/2018

Are they still eligible for the buyback?

On a positive note, I'm keeping my 2012 Golf TDI, havent had the fix done yet, and am apprehensive due to the new DSG failures present post-fix.

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
They are all on hold until they decide what they are going to with them if it is any Branded title (salvage rebuilt etc ) Check the group on this forum VW rejecting non clean titles for more info. Hope that helps

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Only suggestion I have is to make sure that you have solid documentation that the car was legitimately on the road without a salvage title on that date, and what date the accident occurred, and that the ownership trail doesn't include anything that could be interpreted as a junkyard. File for buyback and expect to wait a potentially long time.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
By the fix you mean the emissions fix correct? It couldn't have been completed as stage 2 hasn't been done for anyone yet IIRC. Did they actually opt for the fix and not do it? IIRC once the fix is chosen you can't really turn back to buyback. You need to really understand and explain exactly what happened with "the fix".

Ajlal24

TDI
98 Jetta TDI, 2012 Golf TDI
They are all on hold until they decide what they are going to with them if it is any Branded title (salvage rebuilt etc ) Check the group on this forum VW rejecting non clean titles for more info. Hope that helps
Thank you for your response.

Only suggestion I have is to make sure that you have solid documentation that the car was legitimately on the road without a salvage title on that date, and what date the accident occurred, and that the ownership trail doesn't include anything that could be interpreted as a junkyard. File for buyback and expect to wait a potentially long time.
I think the only thing that may help is the actual carfax on the car. The car was bought from someone that purchased it from an insurance auction and repaired it.

By the fix you mean the emissions fix correct? It couldn't have been completed as stage 2 hasn't been done for anyone yet IIRC. Did they actually opt for the fix and not do it? IIRC once the fix is chosen you can't really turn back to buyback. You need to really understand and explain exactly what happened with "the fix".
The VIN was never registered in VW's TDI database, and I just put the VIN in the online system with Buyback chosen.