2003 mk4 jetta wagon 144k reflex silver 5 speed perfect interior one owner rust free

bbexotics

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat,2006 Jetta, 2003 Jetta wagon, 2017 Cayman S
Perfect paint only slight (scuff) on corner at rear bumper. One owner no accidents,perfect interior black 144k always garaged.what is this car worth? Have all books and sticker. Always serviced, adult owned. Either this one or my wife's 2006 MK5 must go. What should I ask for the 2003?

h4vok

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi 5sp 171k
In feb 2017 I bought my 03 5sp sedan 9/10 interior and 6/10 body 148k miles for 5k. So I would imagine yours is worth high 5 to low 6k. Only someone looking for a tdi will pay that, but I think you should be able to sell it. The one I bought was online for 2hrs before I told them I would take it. He had 10 more calls before I officially paid for it later in the day.

bbexotics

Veteran Member
TDI
This one interior is 9/10 and body 9/10 but paint is 10/10, car has been garaged kept,and there is not even wear on top of steering wheel. Lots less maintainance and a lot better fuel mileage than the 06 with dsg. Wondering??

RexNICO

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Tiguan, 2011 Q7
Miles since last timing belt?
Original turbo?
Original clutch?
Original IP?
Leather?
Ever used veg oil?

Lots more info

Fahrvegnugen

Veteran Member
TDI
01 golf 1.9 alh gls silver
6k easily if patient. I got mine with 150k a little dent and some scuffs on a one owner car with no rust. Most places that is hard to get. Everything on mine worked but there was a lot of upcoming maintenance and it wasn’t perfect interior or body. I feel that for $6k it should be 1) perfect visibly, or 2) fully ready to drive with regards to maintenance. People selling one in either of these conditions probably isn’t making money on it at that point.

drucifer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta sw tdi pd
Either this one or my wife's 2006 MK5 must go. What should I ask for the 2003?[/QUOTE]

Why? Which car best meets your needs? If you need to be down to one car for financial reasons keep the wagon. With the alh and 5 speed it's going to cost less to maintain.

super1

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Perfect paint only slight (scuff) on corner at rear bumper. One owner no accidents,perfect interior black 144k always garaged.what is this car worth? Have all books and sticker. Always serviced, adult owned. Either this one or my wife's 2006 MK5 must go. What should I ask for the 2003?

Check PMs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
That wagon is the perfect spec MK4. I think you could get $6k for it rather quickly. Maybe $7k if you wait for one of those PNW drivers to make the trip for it.

And if you just want it gone I bet it would sell for $5k in a matter of hours!

bbexotics

Veteran Member
TDI
Sorry I have not responded to numerous PM,still debating..... MK4 is so reliable, but wife likes the Mk5 better.

Last edited:

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Newer is usually better. The '03 is desirable- $6 to $8 thousand running right, clear title..

bbexotics

Veteran Member
TDI
03 interior looks new,paint looks new,she runs perfect and gets a lot better fuel mileage. The 06 already had the dmf changed,no cam problems but a lot more maintenance with dsg and parts are more expensive on 06. 03 doesn't even have rock chips or anything on hood,and silver paint is in better condition than the 06, Still thinking......

Last edited:

super1

Veteran Member
TDI
none
03 interior looks new,paint looks new,she runs perfect and gets a lot better fuel mileage. The 06 already had the dmf changed,no cam problems but a lot more maintenance with dsg and parts are more expensive on 06. 03 doesn't even have rock chips or anything on hood,and silver paint is in better condition than the 06, Still thinking......

Check PMs

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
Keep it. It sounds like its perfect. Depreciation is next to nothing and it will run for as long as you are willing to replace wear items like brakes and suspension. Hell, it might even start appreciating since most of these ALH cars are starting to rust their ways into salvage yards right now (in the northeast anyway).

Brett San Diego

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta wagon manual
Keep both. Sell the wife. Will save you a lot of money in the long run. :) Your ALH wagon is a unicorn. You'll have people busting down your door to see it.

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
Tell the wife that if you sell the MKIV then she can pay of the repairs on the MKV; but if you sell the MKV then YOU will pay for the repairs on the MKIV.

I once told my ex that I wasn't depriving her of buying things, just that she couldn't have everything: have to know what $$s you have available, and if one wants some things then one can figure out what things one needs to give up in order to have those other things.

Oh yeah, here in the PNW you could readily fetch $6,500 - $7,000 in a matter of hours: could bump it up in price, but it would take longer.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Seriously, if both are paid for, keep both and take one off of the insurance but make sure you don't drive it until you can afford insurance again on it. If you have a good rapport with your insurance agent, it shouldn't be a problem.

What are the miles and condition on the 2006? With it off the road, you could do some catch up maintenance and as a plus, if the 2003 develops problems, you could switch the insurance to the 2006 and drive that while you fix the 2003.:cool:

If I could keep only one of them, I would keep the 2003. If my 2006 had a DSG, I would never have bought it................

bbexotics

Veteran Member
TDI
Money is not the problem,just have too many cars. Mini Cooper,escalade,2006 Jetta and 2003 Jetta.2006 Jetta ghas 203k and DMF has been changed,no problems with cam and DSG serviced regularly.condition is also great and wife loves it. Son loves the Mini Cooper s and escalade sits most of the time cause it's a gas guzzler.

Last edited:

drucifer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta sw tdi pd
4 cars 3 drivers. When one breaks there is something else to drive. You might say get rid of the escalade but it does things the others can't. If money isn't an issue than why sell any of them.

bbexotics

Veteran Member
TDI
Got 3 car garage don't like leaving one out in the open. Still deciding

bbexotics

Veteran Member
TDI
Will sell for $6500. Car doesn’t need anything, almost 10-out of 10, just changed oil, latest fuel mileage 42.9 city driving at 5000 ft altitude with winter fuel.

KrashDH

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
I'm with the keep it crowd and buy a vehicle cover for it. Both my truck and car live outside (and the boat, covered of course) so the toys can live in the garage. The VW is still in great shape even staying outside. That extra vehicle is priceless when one is down for maintenance. Especially when work is far away.

$65 is reasonable. I paid 5k for my 2002 MKIV golf, excellent shape with 149k and all maintenance records, timing belt had just been completed. That was out here in the northwest where prices are outrageously inflated. That would easily sell out here for that, likely within a few hours. I'm fairly certain I made the call to the guy 5 minutes after the ad posted.

GLWS

kiki

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE TDI 6mt; 2011 Golf TDI 6mt; 2005 MB E320 cdi; 2007 Passat Sport Wagon 6mt (FSI Turbo); 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke 4x4; 2004 Passat GLS TDI Wagon (Sold); y2k NB TDI (Sold); 1996 Passat TDI Wagon (Sold).

stomachbuzz

TDI
2000 Golf
Check your PMs

LMAOOOOOOO
THIS GUY lol
3rd time. This guy doesn’t miss a thing.

But for real, just read this thread, can’t tell if OP is serious or just looking for someone to suck him off and tell him how great his purchase was... he’s obviously got an overflowing inbox but posting on here with “just.cant.decide”

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Car hunting is tedious...:) I had the hots for a JSW until I drove one and all the extry mass up high and rear was not to my liking. So, either a Golf or a Jetta, preferably a Golf, and an ALH preferred most of all.

And then reality sets in, they are all 15+ years old, and the rarity of one with only 100k on it is getting higher by the minute. Wife asks me why not a significantly newer car? I tell her I need something to embarrass the Boy with in front of his friends if I have to go and get him.
cheers,
Douglas