Sooted Fred

Heinz57

Veteran Member
After the Upsolute GTG in the NW we went for Italien food. Me and Garrett led the little caravan to the Italian place and could not resist sooting Fred behind us with the new chip and TB. I think I heard him chooking but he was all smiles when he stepped out of the car. This was a great GTG with Great people. Thanks for coming Fred and a special thank you to Garrett for making the trip to the west coast- what a great bunch of guys.

------------------
2K Golf GL TDI
White/BLack
UPsolute Chip/TB w/ K&N

hotrodtdi

Veteran Member
thanks heinz for getting this gtg going and thanks to garrett for making the trip out here. i enjoyed meeting everyone and thanks to fred for making it there. i will get my tdi chipped at the next meet for the time being i will have to enjoy my tuning box. thanks also heinz for demonstrating your tdi with its mods.

------------------
2000 black golf tdi auto. h&r coilovers. borbets 16 with 205 60 16 michelins. badgeless grille. hello euro tinted headlights and black tinted rear taillights. k&n filter. upsolute tuning box. hers 2001 jetta tdi auto.

BrandonK

Veteran Member
Heinz, Good seeing you today and wish I could have stayed around longer. Thanks for making this GTG happen. How many GTG attendees and upsoluters today? If ok with you, I'll look you up before I order my TB...now that I've tasted the dark side (aka soot-filled back end of my car oozing power) I want more!!

------------------
2000 Bright Pearl Green Jetta TDI http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1187739&a=9152207

garrettp

Former Chip-Monk
TDI
2000 JEDI
i would really like to thanks Heinz for setting this up. he is a great person and a very good host. he is also housing my mother and i for the weekend. a better friend you could not find. thanks heinz (using his computer to write this too
)

and of course big round for Fred to make the GTG as well (with his gasser that got sooted hehehe
)

garrett P.

[This message has been edited by garrettp (edited November 05, 2000).]

kiwibru

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2-door, 2k Silver. Red RTDI now gone but not forgotten!
Outstanding test drive going north Garrett. While you guys where eatin Italiano I was grinning ear to ear as I kept putting the metal to the floor. My gosh, what a great time before, during and after being chipped! Really enjoyed the GTG. Thanks to all and I hope the rest of you new Upsoluters are enjoying the transformation. We have now been assimulated! Fun huh?

------------------
Bruce Gregory
(kiwibru)
Mitchell Bay Farm
San Juan Is. WA.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Still caughing up soot
, now that just made it back home. It was a nice GTG. Glad so many could make it out.

GotDiesel?

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS
I was in Portland, OR and missed the GTG
but thanks to Heinz and GarrettP got chipped Sunday night.

I can only echo what everybody has said about Heinz and Garrett. Spending a few minutes while Garrett expertly desoldered, reprogrammed and resoldered the chip in my ECU made me only wish more that I had been able to be there Saturday. My six-year-old son was kept entertained by "two nice ladies" and Heinz' dog. Thanks for that too!

It was raining most of the way home so I couldn't really exercise the chip too much, but the car does have a lot more punch at freeway speeds in 5th gear. It's pretty amazing how much faster it gets up to 80 (ooops!!).

I had hoped to run some pre-chip benchmarks to do some comparisons, but the power is definitely up.

Thanks again, Heinz and Garrett.