Second broken window clip

Dante

Veteran Member
TDI
Silver 2000 Golf GLS TDI
I went to roll down the passenger side window the other day and "CRACK!" there went the clip (for the second time--I guess they did not use the new and improved clip last time).

Carter VW in Seattle (where I bought the car) is handling it under the extended warranty for the window issue. I have to wait until August 1 to get a "hastle free loan car" but I got the window up, so that's no big deal.

tdipoet

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI
there's a recall on the window regulators. they have a brand new, beefier part, so any A4 that breaks its window regulator can have it repaired for free, warranty or not.

Dante

Veteran Member
TDI
Silver 2000 Golf GLS TDI
there's a recall on the window regulators. they have a brand new, beefier part, so any A4 that breaks its window regulator can have it repaired for free
That's what I meant by "extended warranty"--they extended the normal warantee for the window clips (to 80K miles IIRC).

They are power windows. I've got a 2000 Golf GLS TDI.

GMCpatrick

Veteran Member
Does anyone have a part number for the new metal clip? I recently replaced the driver's side regulator with one ordered from Impex, but it came with the plastic clips...

Patrick

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
Why not take your car in and have the dealer fix it for free?