Would like rear hatch lock to work with door locks

RMPowell01

TDI
2005 golf
I just obtained a 05 Golf TDI and would like the rear hatch lock to work with the door lock and unlock. The car is garaged and almost never locked. The remote is normally in the ignition, since I hate carrying several keys and remotes. I have tried to unlock the rear hatch when I get out of the car, but after a few minutes it locks again. Does anyone know now I can link the rear hatch lock to the door locks so it is unlocked when the doors are unlock and locked when the doors are locked?

When I open the garage to go somewhere, I many times have items that I want to put in the rear, but since rear is locked, I must put things down, and open the drivers door to open the rear hatch. Just an irritant I would like to get rid of.

Side note: My key will not open the rear hatch. If I have this repaired, would it have any effect?

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
If the car is garaged why not just open the lid.
The lights should go out in several minutes.

Wilkins

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta Wagon 5sp, 10 Sportwagen 6MT
I remember reading that someone figured out how to do this. It required wiring modifications IIRC. If you search you might find the thread.

VE1.9

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLX 5spd
If you happen to know someone with VDS-pro, this can easily be done by recoding the ccm. There is no need to mess with any wiring, just hook up the cable and change a few byte values. I have VDS-pro and this took just a few minutes to do on my 04 R32.

caligta

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, 6-speed manual & 2003 Golf, 6-speed manual
Thanks VE1.9. I have VDS-Pro and recoded my 03 Jetta Wagon CCM to have the hatch function with the other doors, but for some reason thought it did not work the same on the Golf. Could you point me in the right direction for the Golf as it has been quite awhile since I did this on my Jetta.

caligta

TDI
Success!

As per VE1.9's suggestion and the provided link I used VDS Pro and now have the locking and unlocking of the hatch on my 2003 Golf working like one of the doors.

Thanks!

caligta

TDI
Just a bit more info to hopefully help out the next person doing this with VDS Pro.

The original coding for my 2003 Golf (CCM 1C0959799C) at addresses 04352, 04353, and 04354 was 136 (10001000). I had changed several things in VCDS so yours is likely different.

Recoding mine to 24 (00011000) retained all that I had done in VCDS, while making the hatch act like a door with respect to locking/unlocking

So it seems like you want the 4th position to be on (set to 1) and probably the first to be off (set to 0, but I'm not sure what this controls so maybe on is okay?).

Basically, use VDS Pro to read what the above 3 addresses are currently set to, figure out what that is in binary and then change that binary to have the first position as 0 and the 4th position as a 1 and recode with the decimal for that number.

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
Recoding mine to 24 (00011000) retained all that I had done in VCDS, while making the hatch act like a door with respect to locking/unlocking
Actually, it's 40.
The 3 zero's from right to left would be 2 4 and 8.
the next 2 would be 16 and 32 which added together is 40.

The only place I used this was for computer networking sub-net mask.
Over 25 years in the IT field. :)