Won't run when cabin gets hot.

studio

TDI
2006 Jetta
Have a 2006 when the cabin temperature get hot car will start but it's a hard start. It might run a few minutes but slowly things quit A/C, radio, etc until the car dies and won't start. Once the cabin temp drops it will start again and run just fine.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Have you properly checked the battery? How old is it? Sounds like you are losing electrical power and things are dying then the engine.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
how do you know the battery is good?
What is your volts when cranking, what is the amp draw and voltage when the car first starts running and what is it as its having issue and what is the voltage when trying to crank it once it dies?
highly suspect a melting wiring harness issue. some things that go HORRIBLY wrong with heat are the fan control relay and that sucker gets MELTY MELTY BURN YOUR CAR DOWN when it fails and if its pulling ludicrous amps that would be by the car is failing to stay running. I highly suggest pulling ALL your fuses and running the car one fise at a time until you run into the fault.

studio

TDI
2006 Jetta
Curious why it only does it if I leave the window s up and out in the sun in the summer. Above 95 degrees. If I open the doors first and get the cabin temperature down before I crank it will run fine.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Curious why it only does it if I leave the window s up and out in the sun in the summer. Above 95 degrees. If I open the doors first and get the cabin temperature down before I crank it will run fine.
hot devices not working properly suck up a TON of amps, this will drain any battery regardless of health and possibly cause a car fire. its not that hard to understand.
I had a fan control relay in my MK3 that got so hot is melted the controls and gave me a nasty burn. darn thing pulled 40 amps when it was going bad.