2013 TDI Jetta sportwagen bucking

GI.JOEL

TDI
2013 Jetta sportwagen
just bought this car a month ago. just hit 70,000 mi. noticed car was slightly bucking at low rpm n slow speed. also my heating coil indicator (flashing) came on once.. turned off car, started it back up and hasn't came back on.

did some research on it. was gonna clean out EGR and throttle body, but i couldn't find and youtube video (on my particular model)

any advice?

thanks Joel
fdny fireman.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
OBD works, I'd start there.

If the car has had the emissions fix applied, it will be under some form of warranty.

JamiesVW

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
Hi! I'm a newbie to this (or any) forum. I submitted a concern earlier, but can't find it now. Anyway, mine seems similar to yours, so I thought I'd tag on. I bought my first TDI last October, a manual 2014 Sportwagen with 42,000 miles. It had also been involved in the diesel recall. If I travel anywhere around 28 mph in 3rd gear, it will buck. If I shift into 2nd OR 4th, it will behave. A technician who rode along with me said that if it had been a gasoline engine, he would have sworn that it was misfiring. No codes are triggered. The VW dealership in town is telling me it's normal. It's aggravating, as this is the speed I drive to and from work every day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
Hi! I'm a newbie to this (or any) forum. I submitted a concern earlier, but can't find it now. Anyway, mine seems similar to yours, so I thought I'd tag on. I bought my first TDI last October, a manual 2014 Sportwagen with 42,000 miles. It had also been involved in the diesel recall. If I travel anywhere around 28 mph in 3rd gear, it will buck. If I shift into 2nd OR 4th, it will behave. A technician who rode along with me said that if it had been a gasoline engine, he would have sworn that it was misfiring. No codes are triggered. The VW dealership in town is telling me it's normal. It's aggravating, as this is the speed I drive to and from work every day.

That is common

JamiesVW

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
Thank you for responding, Matt. Not the answer I was hoping for, but good to know! My mileage has been decreasing as well. Forgot to mention that. When I first purchased the car, I was getting around 43 mpg. Now I'm lucky to get 39.

mercdude

TDI
2013 JSW TDI 6SPD
Have same model/year tdi... make sure it’s not on a regen cycle. They act weird then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk