2004 Golf TDI P0101 black smoke

TDI
2004 golf tdi
Recently I purchased a 2004 golf tdi the from the beginning it has been running rich? With black smoke on acceleration, the engine light came on and the code is P0101. I cleaned my MAF and cleared the code I thought it was running a little better with less smoke but that could also have been wishful thinking, when I stopped the car and revved it more black smoke. On my way home from work yesterday I was accelerating up a hill heard a fairly loud woosh noise then lost almost all power after looking for the problem I found a hose/tube after the turbo had came off. I reconnected it thinking this could have caused my codes and black smoke and cleared the codes. Now power is restored but still has black smoke running rich problem, engine light has not come on yet after 100km. Anyone have any ideas for what to check next? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
The boost hose on top the goes into the egr is probably not sitting square in its fixture. You likely need what’s known as the dog collar.

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
The hose you reconnected should probably be replaced. Sounds like a poor connection due to worn down barbs.

TDI
2004 golf tdi
Found the hissing noise was coming from the intercooler going to replace it today and the o rings for the tubes around it

TDI
2004 golf tdi
After replacing intercooler still had black smoke on hard acceleration different than the smoke I got with bad intercooler.. and car would be in limp mode most of the time. I replaced maf sensor and the smoke is gone and car has all its power back problem fixed