Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2005, Red
Last edited:

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
I looked at getting one of them when I was setting up my breather filter. Ultimately decided not to go with it due to difficulty finding filters locally. So I went with the BMW crankcase breather oil seperator, and so far couldn't complain. No filter, and it uses centrifugal force to sling the oil out before returning to the intake. Just my $.02

KLXD

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'98, '2 Jettas
I don't see how you get much centrifugal force on a system that has very little flow.

Unless you have a bad vacuum leak or a lot of blowby.

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Nero-Pics or link? I'm curious here....
Here's my setup. Borrowed the idea from member Russel1. I check it maybe once a month. Maybe a teaspoon of oil each time. Swab it out and slap it back on. No regrets yet. Plus no extra filters to buy.
Also, I may have a vac leak at my booster, but haven't confirmed yet.

Votblindub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Jetta Wagon
Does it have to be a provent?
Some people run the hose straight down to the ground- not really the best or cleanest version.
Some run that to the exhaust, because of the venturi effect (i think?) it pulls the vapors out.
Some use an Oldnavy ccv (if you care to find one) or a Kerma with the little filters in them.
Some use a plain old catch can with a small breather filter on the side or vent it back to the intake. They're probably $20-35 on ebay and come in a myriad of colors too.