The new Monsoon sound system

mikeanth

Hi, I just picked up my 2000 Jetta TDI yesterday and was wondering about this new Monsoon sound system.

Its a long story, but my original 1999 order didn't have the Monsoon sound system because it didn't exist for 1999's. After a endless wait for the 1999, my dealer told me my exact car in a 2000 was coming and I could take it. (of course I jumped at the opportunity) The only difference was the 2000 had the new "Monsoon sound system" ($480 and it sounds amazing. 10 speakers, added amplifier) and...... now my question.

Does anyone know if its supposed to come with a CD player? My dealer didn't think so, but the reference guide reads...

Dear Customer,

"The Premium and Monsoon sound systems offer you an easy to operate, complete sound system which includes a radio, a cassette player and a CD player all in one."

The guide also makes refernce to the CD magazine (changer).

Sounds like a CD player to me!!! I called my dealer and he is checking with these Monsoon people (whoever they are)

I want to know if its a single CD player or a changer. Any help would be appeciated.

------------------
Mike

WWJD

Sorry to burst your bubble, but from the MY2000 owners that I've heard from, the new Monsoon system has 8 speakers, not 10. And it only comes w/ the tape deck. No CD in-dash, no CD changer.
Once again, I am sorry to say this.

------------------
What Would Jesus Drive? Diesel!

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
If you hop on over to VWVortex, in the car audio forum there is a press release from either VW or Monsoon. (I believe its VW) concernig the Monsoon system. It says something about an optional changer, and if I recall right it says the system should have been a $295.00 option. It also says 8 speakers..

------------------

'97 Jetta TDI
caddy@udnet.net

mikeanth

When I say $480, I'm talking Canadian dollars. I can live with eight speakers instead of 10, but the brochure says it comes with a CD player. They may be talking about a single CD, but I don't have one.

------------------
Mike
2000 Jetta TDI