Trunk light switch

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
Hey B5 TDI'rs. My trunk light is no longer working. Yes I put in a new and correct bulb and no go. However, when I open the trunk, the alarm system beeps after a few minutes. I suspect the fault of the trunk light switch is partly the culprit.

I am suspecting that the trunk light microswitch is kaput. I use the trunk daily. So I've read up on the situation and it does appear that the trunk microswitch is available as a separate part under 8D5 959 489. I've also ready by many places that one needs to purchase the entire trunk latch to get the switch. I know that is a fact with the doors. The switch alone is like under $20.00, which I would gladly pay to get my trunk light working again.

About a year ago VW replaced my entire trunk on my car due to Mr. Rust. Can any of you folks give me some tips as I have not dug down deep into it. I would expect someone would have had this issue. I am at 207k

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
If you have VCDS, I think you can see trunk latch position if it is open or closed. The microswitch turns on the light and detects for alarm position