Effects of battery removal on 2009 jetta

hrt4me

TDI
2006 Jetta, 2009 Jetta
I just replaced my battery, the steering light and traction light both came on but turned off after driving 200-300 yds. But when I shut the engine down the cooling fans come on and wont shut down. The engine temp is good. cant figure it... Did I smoke a sensor when I jumped it off???? Any ideas?

I'm experiencing similar symptoms as well; can anyone offer any thoughts?

I had my radio replaced under warranty a few months back due to a CD changer hardware issue. I didn't even think to check the AUX in until today and noticed it didn't work. I checked my radio code and it was likewise 0010400. I changed it to 0010021 and it now works. The last digit is the one that fixed the AUX.
thanks for the tip, I will have to check my own AUX when I get home this evening...

skysteve

TDI
2006 jetta tdi
014 defective

In deciding to remove the battery and battery tray to replace the dsg oil filter I found out what is reset in the computer. There appears to be three things that power loss causes in the car.

1) the steering light is lit, the esp indicator is on solid, and the brake light is on. To remedy that, I had to turn the steering wheel hard left, then hard right, then center. When I did that (in my case) the indicator lights cleared.

2) the windows had to be run down and the buttons held for one second, then the window were run up. This did the "window reset" .

3) The last problem did not show up until I tried to play my ipod through the Aux. input. I discovered that pressing the CD button did not put the radio into aux. in. This turned out to be the hardest problem to solve.

Fortunately, when I bought my vcds cable I did a full diagnostic scan and stored it in the log file right away, thinking I would look through the file later (out of curiousity). When I ran the diagnostic on the radio using vagcom, I found 5 faults.

00870 - bass speaker front left (r21) 011-open circuit
00871 - bass speaker front right (r23) 011-open circuit
00872 - bass speaker rear left (r15) 011-open circuit
00873 - bass speaker rear right (r17) 011-open circuit
00003 - control module 014-defective.

By comparing the software coding from when I first had the car with no faults my coding was 0010011.
After the battery was back in the car, the coding was 0010400.

Hope this helps out anyone who plans on replacing their battery . . .:cool:
2006 tdi Jetta 01638 rear drivers side airbag 014 defective is the code I get on occasion, I clear then it comes back in a month or so, could it be the crash sensor connector???

Professor121

TDI
2009 jetta
2006 tdi Jetta 01638 rear drivers side airbag 014 defective is the code I get on occasion, I clear then it comes back in a month or so, could it be the crash sensor connector???
I am not familiar with the 2006 jetta. Be careful about checking the airbag connectors, they have been known to set the airbags off. Best is to disconnect battery and make sure you are grounded to the car chassis so you do not set off the airbags. Personally, I don't work on airbags enough to be comfortable with them.:D

gmctech

TDI
2001 Golf TDI
By comparing the software coding from when I first had the car with no faults my coding was 0010011.
After the battery was back in the car, the coding was 0010400.
Hope this helps out anyone who plans on replacing their battery . . .:cool:

I just purchased a 2008 Jetta and finished rebuilding it... installed new steering gear fixed oil leaks, fixed wiring Gremlins and such then I ran into this identical issue... drove me nuts, used your coding in my VCDS HEX-Can and BIZAM!!! I got my AUX back via CD button... You my good Sir are a bloody Rockstar in my world!!