2006 Jetta TDI Air Filter Change

rsiegfried

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2009 Touareg TDI, 2014 Passat SE TDI
Perhaps a dumb question:

How do you change the engine air filter on a 2006 Jetta TDI?

I use the Bentley on-line manual but can't find a description of the procedure.

alphaseinor

TDI Innovator, Gone but Not Forgotten
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI 780,000 miles (totaled out), 01 Audi TT 225 Quattro 230,000 Miles (runs great!), 00 Cabreetle Beetle dash, ALH & MK4 harness Swap
lot's of screws... open box, vacuum, wipe, place new filter, then follow the numbers on tightening the screws...

Since you are on a 20k service, why not do the fuel filter and cabin air (not to mention the oil and filter).

The cabin air is easy, unscrew the two plastic screws that hold up the foam peice under the passenger's side dash. pull the foam out, pull the tab on the filter case, and slide the cap off, pull the air filter out, replace.

as for fuel filters, I can't remember if the '06s have two different types or not... maybe that was the 05.5's... one you'll have to pry up, the other pulls off like your oil filter.

2004STARWARSTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2004 Platinum Gray GLS Jetta / 2006 Silver Jetta with DSG
Air filter

Use the stock paper filter. :D Do Not replace with a K&N or any oiled air filter! An oiled air filter will kill you MAF!:eek: :mad:

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
alphaseinor said:
.....as for fuel filters, I can't remember if the '06s have two different types or not... maybe that was the 05.5's... one you'll have to pry up, the other pulls off like your oil filter.
06's have two different types. It is based on your VIN number.