www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > West Coast Canada/USA

West Coast Canada/USA Local discussions for those on the West Coast of Canada and the US.

Old July 24th, 2003, 07:52   #1
Davin
Veteran Member

Default I\'ve been transplanted

Well, after a hectic month and a half we're getting settled here in LA county! Today was the first time that I clicked on the "West Coast" link in the GTG section... it still feels wierd.

I'll still be busy for the next few weeks (I can't make it up to the Bay area GTG), but after that I'd love to meet some of the locals. How about a LA GTG in the next month or two?

Also, are there any decent local sources for Delvac or should I just go ahead and mail-order a case?

Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2003, 10:00   #2
RiceEater
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 53 mpg @ 70 mph

Welcome to the West Coast! I believe there are a couple of Fred members in Santa Clarita. There are a few of us here in San Buenaventura County, west on the 126 (blood alley) down to the ocean. Read Peter Pyce thread. You'll see that First D is organizing a SoCal GTG. Ah....has your cat forgiven you?

For Delvac you can go north on the 5 over the hill and down to the Flying J, just follow the big rigs. But that's pretty pricey. Another choice is to go to www.topanga.com. You'll notice that their warehouse hours are top secret but I'll tell you; they're open M-F, 8-4:30. You can pick it up on your way to JPL. Are you burning CARB formutilated DFO #2 or Arco ECD-1? Soy methylester is available at www.brownoil.com.
RiceEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2003, 15:24   #3
Davin
Veteran Member

Thanks for the welcome! Do you happen to know what Topanga asks for a case of Delvac?

I filled up a couple days ago with ECD-1. I'm liking it so far.

And yes, the cat is fine. she's just a whiner, but she adapts very well!

Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2003, 16:38   #4
GeWilli
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: you keep track?

west coast davin . . . no DavinLA? (since I was over in this forum anyway I had to post in your thread)
GeWilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2003, 12:50   #5
TDI J'ta
Veteran Member

Welcome to the 'left-coast'. My daily commute takes me to Valencia...hope you're able to make the adjustment to all the traffic in the SCV.

The last time I purchased Delvac-1 from Topanga, the price was aprox. $90/case.

TDI J'ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2003, 14:52   #6
Ricdude
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 47.2/41.8/44.5

Santa Clarita? Next to Valencia? Freaky. My Grandma lives out there. Say hi to the *real* Wally World for me! (Magic Mountain, that is...)

Southern CA isn't too bad if you can get at least a few valleys out of LA. Nice weather year round, dry heat in the summer, and not *so* much traffic you can enjoy a drive now and then.
Ricdude is offline   Reply With Quote