New Beetle Convertible?

DeafBug

Gone but Never Forgotten: Requiescat In Pace
TDI
2001 NB
The first year it is going to be two engines, both gassers 2.0 in the beginning and another later. TDI may be added much later, like the Jetta wagon. The first year on the Jetta wagon had no TDI but the second year did.

P180

Veteran Member
Thanks Deafbug, I can wait. Hope it happens. No way am I going back to a gasser. Well, maybe if a Karmann Ghia follows that won't be manufactured as a TDI.

My dream car would be a Convertible Karmann Ghia TDI
. Ever since I ran over my head with my '72 Ghia Convertible I've wanted another one

P180

Veteran Member
I agree Banzai!

When I bought my NB (8/00), I told the dealer that I felt certain that VW would follow the model with a New Ghia in 5-7 years. He differs in opinion. He believes that the TT is as close to a Ghia that VW will build. I hope he's wrong. I would bet that a sporty retro Ghia in the same nature as the NB is to the original would be a market bonanza for VW. So long as the price difference between the two was as it was back then.

southtdi

Veteran Member
I have read this myself. They are going to sell it first year in europe with a TDI though but I understand that their release date for the NBC is not until sometime next year. Maybe close to summer.

My feeling is it will be introduced here but remember they are selling it with the PD motor in europe so my guess is once they have the fuel cleaning system developed for this market that they are working on we will see it here.

Either that or in 2006 with the mandatory introduction od USLD.