Engine Malfunction Light

oldhifi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg TDI Lux
2013 Touareg TDI Lux 82K miles

My Engine Malfunction light came on after fill up? But seems to run fine.

What should I check?

Tom_B

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Touareg, 14 A6
Could be many things, only a scan will narrow it down. Your guess is as good as anyone else's at this point. VCDS scan is best but may not be the only possibility to get some insight.

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf

What should I check?

The usually means an emissions system fault. As already instructed, have the car scanned, preferably yourself before going to the dealer.

Yeti35

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Touareg V6 TDI

What should I check?

You said it happened after a fill up. Make sure you fuel filler cap is in good shape and tight. My ex's Passat would get CEL after fill ups due to her not tightening the cap enough. I would start there first. After that get it scanned. All we would be doing here is guessing.

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
Mine came on when Ad blue heater failed. Car ran fine. There is a recall to replace the pump and heater. Has your's been done yet?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
You said it happened after a fill up. Make sure you fuel filler cap is in good shape and tight. My ex's Passat would get CEL after fill ups due to her not tightening the cap enough. I would start there first. After that get it scanned. All we would be doing here is guessing.
Guessing, yes, but I can tell everyone with 100% certainty it is NOT the fuel cap on the OP's DIESEL vehicle.

OP: OBD works, and that is where you start.

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
Oldhifi, what did the dealer say was the problem? It's helpful to us all to know the out come of questions posted.

Touareg

TDI
v6 Touareg
dpf problems

Hi Guys im new here.
I got a v6 touareg tdi.i had to replace the dpf about 2 month ago with the error "dpf under thrashhold".about 3 weeks after the first time the light came on again.recover mode driving fixed it until a week ago and the car went back to limp mode.i had to replace a broken manifold intake before.
anyone had that problem before