OH-2004 Passat BHW $2,000

89vr6

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 base
$2,000 obo

car is located just east of Cleveland, OH.
tan leather heated seats
BSM delete with ALH pump, new timing belt, and waterpump

bad: typical BHW needs cam,lifters,bearings causing car to go into limp mode due to low oil pressure

back story: bought the car not running,transmission has been rebuilt by buckeye transmission in parma, OH along with a new torque converter installed. ordered BSM delete and installed. finished putting the car back together and after starting the car it ran fine for about 5 minutes of idling, then once it was warm it lost oil pressure and went into limp mode, I immediately shut the car off. Pulled the oil pan found no issues, checked crank bearings which checked out good. checked the BSM module plug in the block and it was good. Pulled the valve cover to find that multiple cam lobes had excessive wear as well as the lifters.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Cam/lifters will not cause low oil pressure nor limp mode. Sure, once a lifter punches through it will have low power, but that isn't limp mode. Probably has another issue.

But for the price, who cares? Good luck with the sale, if I needed another project I'd grab it. I assume it starts and runs and will at least move itself on to a trailer or tow dolly? I will ask a couple folks here if they are interested.

89vr6

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 base
Cam/lifters will not cause low oil pressure nor limp mode. Sure, once a lifter punches through it will have low power, but that isn't limp mode. Probably has another issue.
But for the price, who cares? Good luck with the sale, if I needed another project I'd grab it. I assume it starts and runs and will at least move itself on to a trailer or tow dolly? I will ask a couple folks here if they are interested.
It will start and run under its own power. According to whitebread he says that the car is going into limp mode cause by low oil pressure which is being caused by the cam bearings and lifters being ****? I have very little knowledge on this BHW engine.