new turbo gauge installed

stronzo

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 golf tdi
Well I re flashed my car again & the power band seems to be more steady know from what my boost gauge reads from before.

I'm sustaining 18-18.5 PSI & 20-22PSI:)

sr20al

TDI
2003 Golf GL
stronzo said:
I have A isspro gauge, would this anti-buzz T fitting work for any gauges.
I ask this because ecstuning wasn't for sure if it would cut out the buzz on my gauge , but they know it works for the VDO gages.

I just got off the phone with PDR who I bought my gauge from he said that buzzing sound is something to do with my turbo with the vans in the turbo not working or getting stuck or something like that what he said. could this be true too for the buzzing sound or did I get fed the big BS:eek:

He also said that he had A customer that had the same relating problems with the buzzing sound & they tried many different brands of gauges & still buzzing. where they tried same gauges on another same vehicle & no buzzing. So he says it's my turbo making that noise :(:mad::eek::confused:
I just installed the 42 Draft Designs Stewart Warner boost gauge in my TDI this weekend and had the buzz on the needle you described. I also installed the boostvalve so the setup was a little more complicated but I found these instructions and diagram to be pretty helpful. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=10344&highlight=boostvalve

The reason I bring up the boostvalve is that included with the 42 draft designs boost gauge kit is a little restrictor built into the lower part of the T that feeds to the boostgauge. Originally I used the T that came from the boostvalve kit to feed to the boost gauge and had the buzz you did. When I switched to the 42 draft design T fitting with the restrictor it eliminated the buzz in the gauge.