BRM with DSG Passenger CV Axl?

mfortmann

TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen
Please help! Driving home yesterday, I all of the sudden had an issue when I was coming to a stop sign. There was a clunk on the passenger side front wheel/transaxle, both at the time of coming to a complete stop (downshifting into 1st) and at initial acceleration. Now it happens every time I'm coming to a stop and then accelerating. What could this be? The shop I use doesn't usually intake new issues on Fridays. I want to make sure my car is at least safe to drive to the shop.

mnbrown25

TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
Open the hood and look at how the motor is sitting. If the passenger side of the motor is tilted down a bit, you may have a broken engine mount lug(s). This is how I found that my engine mount lug was broken. If that's not the issue, then bonus.

Dominicdx

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Please help! Driving home yesterday, I all of the sudden had an issue when I was coming to a stop sign. There was a clunk on the passenger side front wheel/transaxle, both at the time of coming to a complete stop (downshifting into 1st) and at initial acceleration. Now it happens every time I'm coming to a stop and then accelerating. What could this be? The shop I use doesn't usually intake new issues on Fridays. I want to make sure my car is at least safe to drive to the shop.
Did you find issue?

morpwr

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta DSG Highline Red w/tan
Check nolts

I had same situation. Got off Highway on off ramp. Came to a stop at lights then started to make clunking sound. Found bolts which hold the axle on had come out. They were torqued and with blue loctite. Car had been driven 120,000 kms since installation