2nd Annual Platteville Dyno Day April 30th, 2011

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
I should bring the Yukon down. Interesting to see what some mods to it will do. Honestly.....I LIKE that big truck. It's a 96' so its got the Vortec 350 so it's got some and it's 5134lbs compared to the new ones at 5800+. Did a bunck of suspension upgrades already. While it's not a lowered modded Jetta it'll hustle for a truck. I digress....
Bring it! I'd be interested to see what it puts down.:cool:

ducesrwld

Veteran Member
TDI
none
will someone have vag-com at this event? might try to set up a few different tunes while here?

darkhorse

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Golf GLS, '01 Dodge/Cummins
I'm pretty interested to see Richards car, since he added all the upgrades:D Hopefully he finds this thread, otherwise I'll send him a pm encase he missed it.

Actually Charlie told me about the thread this morning. I do want in!

So sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you will have a complete recovery. I fractured C2 when I rolled my Dodge off a bluff top road 5 years ago & spent a couple of months in a halo brace. It's no fun.

darkhorse

Veteran Member
TDI
It's a Mustang double roller type. It's at the engineering school. I can't answer for eric about your truck but I bet it's ok. I'd sure like to see it.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm pretty interested to see Richards car, since he added all the upgrades:D Hopefully he finds this thread, otherwise I'll send him a pm encase he missed it.

Actually Charlie told me about the thread this morning. I do want in!

So sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you will have a complete recovery. I fractured C2 when I rolled my Dodge off a bluff top road 5 years ago & spent a couple of months in a halo brace. It's no fun.
Yeah my C4 was shattered during the accident and its no fun, but glad to be alive.

I'll add you to the list:cool:

It's a Mustang double roller type. It's at the engineering school. I can't answer for eric about your truck but I bet it's ok. I'd sure like to see it.
What kind of dyno is this?

edit.

damn, that's a hike from the cities. maybe. :)
Yep, it's a Mustang dyno http://www.mustangdyne.com/MD-250.htm

Oh come on it's only 4 hours from the cities............... lol That's close to how long it takes me to get down to Platteville.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
My Georgia Peach and I will probably make it just for fun. No need for dyno as the only mod I have made is a Wavetrac differential.

ducesrwld

Veteran Member
TDI
none
got a pallet of goodies coming in this week from across the pond. should have all parts by the end of the week and car should be going under the knife soon.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
My Georgia Peach and I will probably make it just for fun. No need for dyno as the only mod I have made is a Wavetrac differential.
It would be awesome to have you make the trip. I know there are a few people from your area that are considering making the trip;)

JasonCzerak

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf
3l3m3nt,

If I bring my truck, you can fit a long wheel base truck right? 170"+ wheel base. single rear wheel.

Exhaust is right rear exit only 5" (turbo back too..). Should I consider bringing some additional tubes to route the exhaust out a garage door?

This truck can smoke a little more then your average overfueled TDI while under the charger.

darkhorse

Veteran Member
TDI
Jason, The school has a fan driven exhaust recovery system with a huge hose.

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
The front of the truck may stick outside (you'll back it in), but you shouldn't have any other troubles.

Depending on how cranked up your truck is, you might want to check out the link to the dyno - it's only rated for 900 HP continuious / 1500 HP dynamic :)

JasonCzerak

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf
some of these car dyno's only have a 4" hose or something to wrap around the exhaust. just making sure.

As for the HP. I should be under that 900 number by a little bit. I won't intend on keeping it at full load for more then a few seconds ;-)

I've never been on a mustang dyno. so I'm curious as to how it will read compared to a dynojet or a dyno dynamics. hmm. I've got a few other odds and ends I need to take care of first but I'm seriously considering the long drive.

darkhorse

Veteran Member
TDI
It's a beautiful drive. Head south on hwy 61 to 10. Cross the river to Prescott & take WI 35 to Nelson. Cross again to Wabasha & back on 61 LaCresent/Lacrosse. It's relativly fast & picturesque.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
3l3m3nt,

If I bring my truck, you can fit a long wheel base truck right? 170"+ wheel base. single rear wheel.

Exhaust is right rear exit only 5" (turbo back too..). Should I consider bringing some additional tubes to route the exhaust out a garage door?

This truck can smoke a little more then your average overfueled TDI while under the charger.
Like others have mentioned length won't be the issue and I don't see a problem with the exhaust, but I can double check, so that way you don't make the drive for nothing. I'm actually quite excited to see your truck run:D

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"
Volks:

I drove out from the Chicago area last year and it was a nice ride. The scenery gets better the farther west you go! I stopped out just to see what was happening because I didn't figure putting my box stock A5 on the dyno was worthwhile. Met some nice folks though, and it's always good to talk to Chris and his better half T, aka the Georgia Peach. Maybe I'll take another ride out this year.

Dan

6x6man

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 1999.5 Jetta, 2001 Golf, 2003 Jetta Wagon, and too many others I've lost count
Can you put me on the list as a maybe. If I can make it I'd like to know what my car is putting out, but not sure if I can get out of prior plans.

mctdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
Sorry to hear of your injuries. Hoping they heal quickly and correctly.

Please add me to the list.

Thanks,