2007 vw touareg v10 diesel

b3scgh

TDI
2007 v10 diesel
my MIL warning light came on ,took car to dealership after making appoinjtment. dreopped car off on time pointed out problem and asked to diagnos and let me know .4.5 hrs later called service rep and he stated mechanic couldnt determine
what triggered MIL. I was livid. went bact to dealership and ask for service mgr,service rep and mechanic.mechanic refuted evereything serv rep stated and said he had been working on truck. The mechanic all of a sudden had found problem...I had water in my plenum. he said water from windshield came down side of W/S and caused grommet to malfunction and i had water in plenum. they gave me a loaner to get home I called serv mgr and notified him i had extended Fidelity warranty.he informed me that he would have adjuster come out the following Wed this was Fri.on monday he called and said adj had come out and denied coverage. I ask him what it would cost to repair and he said $18000!I got est on car for total loss $12000. car was perfect 110000 mi blk teak interior . i am not a mechanic so i have ask for an audience with owner, mechanic, and serv mgr.I know owner will back any denial they will have. my question does this seem reasonable.i have talked to 3 different service mgrs in different states and none seem to see how this happened.by the way read and reread those extended warranties , my cost $4800 for 48k miles and 3 yrs whichever came first. thanks for any help;im trying to save my marriage since this is my wife's "baby"

b3scgh

TDI
2007 v10 diesel
tks for your reply. i got print out that states as follows:"customer states check engine light trouble. found codes p3338,p3339 and p0226.found intermittent no communication to both glow plugs module relays and intermittent implausible signal from the throttle pedal position sensor. found standing water in the e-box in the drivers side plenum due to the wiring harness grommet being dislodged. found corrosion on multiple wiring connection.found moisture in all of the relays. the engine wiring harness and the body harness will need to be replaced.also all relays in the e-box will need to be replaced."
i was given an explanation by the mechanic with the harness ,grommet visible. i examined the grommet which seemed to be in place properly but mechanic said same.."grommit became dislodged."service mgr had said previously to me grommet had worn out.still dont see how harness 'fell down"Car was driven to dealership.
owner talked to mechanic and told me they could possibly get corrosion cleaned off but would not guarantee that i wouldnt have future problems.i talked to vw customer service and they have set up case for regl mgmt to pursue.owner said he would talk to his vw rep.i dont trust mgmt of vw.