Its all about the mpgs!!!

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
Im really starting to like this cr motor....i think if i down graded to 15 inch rims and tried a bit harder i could get some major mpgs on her

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No thats from full. Its probably pretty close to dropping that next 1/8th off but no tricks all mpg. I dont cheat, i was able to get 62 mpg on my alh and i plan to hit 50 or more with my cr

mattp123

TDI
considering 2011 jetta tdi
by top off i mean pump till it stops, then maybe a bit more to make it an even price...

TDI_Timmy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW, DSG, Pano
That's pretty incredible. I just top it off until I see fuel close to the top of the filler neck. Haven't gotten mileage like that though. :)

Highline Driver

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline Sedan
No thats from full. Its probably pretty close to dropping that next 1/8th off but no tricks all mpg. I dont cheat, i was able to get 62 mpg on my alh and i plan to hit 50 or more with my cr
Impressive, but do you have to drive like my grandma to do it or is it long highway drives with cruise control on?

Seriously, what tips do you have?

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I have probably the best drive as far as mpgs go...its all rual highways and i work odd hours so not much traffic...that was pretty much 90km/ 100kms that tank. I did granny it a bit shift early and no idling and i usually take off with no gas just ease out the clutch lol. Actually dont use the cruse much at all and yes i fill till the filler neck is full.

Here is the end result.

1135 kms....and the tank took 56.3 liters...47.4 mpg!...Not bad but i intended to beat that at some point.

DC-IT

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 EL350BlueTec & 2011 Jetta TDI Comfortline
Congrats Savageman69.
That is an amazing feat!

The best I've achieved is 907 KM in the Toronto/GTA highways & roads.
My normal tank is around 840 KM.

You're the man!

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Thanks guys...yah i like going by the american mpg but your correct..but still shy of the 62 the window sticker said lol. The trip said 5.0/100kms...im really thinking the baseline or comfort line would pull better mpgs cuz these 17s are really heavy....Im planning on getting the muffler removed and maybe an apr intake see if i can boost the mpg any

Hellfire

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Jetta TDI Highline
Congrats Savageman69.
That is an amazing feat!

The best I've achieved is 907 KM in the Toronto/GTA highways & roads.
My normal tank is around 840 KM.

You're the man!
Very nice mpg! iirc Savageman69 you have a manual and drive around 80km/h on the highway all the time ?

EdwinTDi

TDI
2011 Jetta w/Nav Platinum Gray 6MT
I have heard that the CR engines gets the best mileage at around 100-110km/hr (~65mph)...

Max Period

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Comfortline
Our road trip between Toronto and Tarpon Springs Florida (about 4,300 km total) was 6.12 L / 100 km. Cruise speed was set to 75 MPH according to Garmin Nuvi.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Savage, what's your tire inflation set to vs max? I like 85% of max.
currently they are set to what ever it came off the dealer lot at...they are filled with nitrogen im not sure the factory psi is but thats what it is now...i usually run 90 percent max but i have to find somewhere to top them up with nitro first

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
Looks like Scarlett is the poster girl for max MPGs for CBEA/CJAA. You're Fuelly average is impressive. Is higher than many ALH and most BEW/BRM to boot. My BRM average is only ahead of you by 1 MPG despite serious efforts for 167K.

tdi90hp

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6 speed(gone but NEVER forgotten)
that mileage blows me away.....but we drive fast...80% hwy 20% city...we average 6.0 liters /100 (best tank ever 6.02 l/100)....never any lower....you must be a TOTAL putz.....

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
that mileage blows me away.....but we drive fast...80% hwy 20% city...we average 6.0 liters /100 (best tank ever 6.02 l/100)....never any lower....you must be a TOTAL putz.....
Well seeing im on rual 80km/hr roads 90% of the time and the tank never saw under 90/100km/hr cruising i would say that i dont drive that slow. Never got passed once that tank so

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
Great job! i was really trying hard to get the 1200kms advertised, but gave up and bought 18's instead :D

as you said if you try 15's i'm sure you will do great. Your 17's are LR(Low Resistance) tires so they do help a bit as well.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yah i know they are lr tires but the weight of the rims and the width on the 17s suck up the mpg. I think that 1200 is possible with 17s but youd have to have real good conditions. With 15s im thinking 1250-1300 maybe.

Highline Driver

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline Sedan
Thanks guys...yah i like going by the american mpg but your correct..but still shy of the 62 the window sticker said lol. The trip said 5.0/100kms...im really thinking the baseline or comfort line would pull better mpgs cuz these 17s are really heavy....Im planning on getting the muffler removed and maybe an apr intake see if i can boost the mpg any

How accurate have you found that trip computer to be? I managed 5.1/100 (46.1 USmpg) today driving back from Idaho to BC (around 300km) by setting the cruise control and avoiding braking and A/C (used A/C when coasting down hill because it read 0.0/100 on the computer when I did it that way). If the trip computer is pretty accurate then I'm pleased.