Issue with all gear lights coming on(have read every forum post onthis I can find)

Guessohw

TDI
OK so still having issues with the 2005 TDI. The Vin tag says it’s made April 2005 however I went to the VW dealership today and they said the vin shows July 2005 which not sure if that makes a difference on anything. The issue I’m having is whenever I put the key in the ignition and start the car all the gear lights on the dash flash together, when I turn the headlights on the park Light is the only one that stays lit up. I can then put the car into gear however within about three seconds I hear a light click from under the dash somewhere and all the gear lights begin to flash again until I put it back in park at which time the the park light stays lit up And the others stop flashing. I have checked relays and swap them around under the dash to make sure one is not bad but I am at a total loss here. I even have a another gearshift lever with cable from a 2005/2006 Jetta and the tag on it showed from November where as mine showed May 2005 and Upon installing it the car would not even recognize that I was hitting the break pedal Nor would it let it go into gear so I swapped it back and I can now put it into gear but still have all the flashing lights. Sorry I know this is a lot but has anybody dealt with this situation? I have looked over forums left and right online and read everything I can get my hands on. Swapping out the transmission fluid as well as the upper filter and the filter that is on the front of the transmission as well.Thank you for any help

Guessohw

TDI
Showing code U0103. Which shows lost communication with gearshift So I have googled the crap out of that. I found people ranging from saying it’s possibly the ignition/key assembly and other people discrediting that. I watched one guy say it could be because they were low on fluid which I don’t see how communication between the gearshift Americanism what calls it. Every time I clear the codes that code comes back immediately.