2002 Jetta GLS TDI
You know you\'re obscessed when....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bump.

[/ QUOTE ]
what the christ are you doing bumping this up? its a frickin huge post haha

[/ QUOTE ]

Check the original post Bubba. When I 'bumped' this thread, it had been 3 days since anyone posted.

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver

You are on a long distance trip, driving through Chicago, and you see at TDI running at a good clip. You give chase and notice, it smokes a bit on wind up and you think:

1. Could it have bad fuel?
2. Could it have "dreaded intake clogging"
3. Or is it chipped?

Sam 1800 miles 3 days, 3 tanks.
or for those type "A's"
Alcan 3300 miles 3 days, 6 tanks this summer.

moondawg

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Galactic Blue Jetta

Your Jetta has been away for almost 2 weeks waiting on a head. You hear a TDI start up 1/2 way down the block, and your head snaps up, looking around for your car, sincerely believing it is fixed and has come looking for you.

no kiddding.

moondawg

ARBY

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf Sportwagen - really want a F-150.
You know you\'re obsessed when....

You jump in a gasser and do a double-take when you see '6' , '7' , '8' on the tachometer.

VelvetFoot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, Yellow

You take a vacation in Spain and all you do is point out all the diesel cars.

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner

You know you're obsessed when you almost feel sorry for those who don't drive TDIs after you hear them constantly b!tch!ng about spending $40 for gas to drive only 200 miles in their gas-guzzler SUVs. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

~ n1das

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver

you know what parts you need and the procedure for upgrading the clutch and the timing belt...
you brag to all your friends about how great TDI's are, and how on biodiesel they are better for the environment...
you argue that the amount of torque a car has is equally as important as horsepower...
you have started making and customizing stuff(car computer) for your jetta GLS...
... and your still waiting for the dealer to call and tell you he found the exact model you are looking for... why does it take sooooo long...

spicy_red

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI, highline, 6MT, multimedia, plat grey metallic

you wait for your glow plug light to turn off when you go to start your gas vehicles.... people are like, "what are you waiting for?".... DOH!!

DVDVW

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Honda Element Etheral Blue Pearl, Y package, AWD, AND NEED A TDI ENGINE SO BAD

I know, I'm obsseded...

Next week, I will go to a Ford Assembly plant and I'm sure I will talk to the engeieers about how great is my diesel car and how fuel efficiency is the way to go, and it will make no sense to the discussion /images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

eyetdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat TDI Sedan

In the middle of the night you must go out to the garage and sit in your TDI 'cause you know you can't take it to bed with you.

You give it a Valentines Day card.

You bring a little of that diesel smell with you into the house leaving it's mark the arm of the couch.

When, daily, you drive by the dealers lot to see if that '04 silver TDI that you test drove is still there.

When you slip your busisness card into the owners manual of that new TDI on the dealers show room floor with the words, "I Love You," written on it.

When you clean out and paint the inside of your garage prior to bringing home the new TDI...and...think seriously about laying new wool carpet on the garage floor.

When you can't stop writing and you break into song followed by poetry that's only surpassed by Rumi.

O.K. That did it.!!!

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
NB, 2002, green, Eurotek STG1

OK, I didn't really need to know about that last one, snicker....(backs out of the thread slowly) /images/graemlins/eek.gif

Dragokatzov

Veteran Member
TDI
Don't have one anymore! :(

Things I do in real life

You find that for fun you drive aimlessly around for hours at a time... My girl said i would drive to halifax (500km trip) to buy a loaf of bread

starting your car just makes you smile.... what can i say? i LOVE my car!

Your 50 mile roundtrip commute seems too short.... IT DOES!

You constantly look at the asses of other Volkswagens to see if they are powered by TDI.... becasue gassers should be outlawed

You love to brag about your mileage.... well i can't help if my dumb ass neighbour cries everyday because his caddy only gets 20mpg and he has a further commute than i do, but oh no, he would never buy a TDI!

you drive tenderly to save up soot to "smoke" anyone who ticks you off!... i can't help it!

you look for reasons to work on the car, even though nothing's wrong.... like i said, i LOVE my car!

you won't settle for red gasoline cans... you've got to have the yellow diesel ones.... red is just not right!

Those gasser smell funny... they do!

I haven't bought gasoline in 15 years.... well, almost 1 year for me, but i tried to use a gas pump the other day to fill up a friends car and i could not remember how it use it!

you use the drive-thru at Dunkin Donuts: not because it's faster and more convenient, but because there's a cool brick wall on the way out that gives you a perfect diesel-clatter reverb!... i do that at tim hortons!

You get in another car (gas), turn the key and wait for a glow plug light.... i do that with my truck all the time

You drag your wife(or significant other) down to read this thread, at first she snickers.....until she realizes everyone out here is just as....NUTS?!!!!! my girl was reading this, and she said "OH MY GOD! There are more of you freaks out there" geez, i think my girlfriend is crazy

You're disappointed that when you're refueling someone DOESN'T make a comment about your car.... true, but i love it when they do!

after filling your tank, as you lock the car and turn to walk into the store to pay, you hear/notice the familiar clatter of what sounds like another TDI. When you confirm that it is another TDI, you unlock the car and move it so he can begin filling up without having to wait the obligatory 5 minutes while you pay and come back out.... I'll do this for a TDI, but the gassers can forget it! even if they are honking their horns and saysing "move your car, [censored]!"

You jump in a gasser and do a double-take when you see '6' , '7' , '8' on the tachometer.... ok, i can't help it! they really throw me off!

You're on a job interview and think it's perfectly OK to work into the conversation that your car is a TDI, even though it has no relevence for the job.

OH MY GOD! I AM TRULY OBSESSED!

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg

You now you're obsessed when ...

- You take your car to the dealership to get some work done and then spend about half an hour talking to the sales/service staff listing and explaining all the mods you've done to your car.

- You then spend another half an hour talking to somebody poking around the lot that asks you how you like your TDI. Of course you then explain all about TDIClub.com and give them a business card (Thanks Fred!) and tell them to check it out before buying a TDI.

- You then spend another hour walking around the lot looking at other VW's and seeing how many TDI's are on the lot and noting just how much better yours is than those on the lot.

- You then climb into the "service loaner" Jetta, put your foot on the clutch pedal to start it, only to realize it's an automatic and you're stepping on the brake pedal, turn the key on and look at the guage cluster to see the glow plug light and then realize it's not a TDI, but a 2.0 gasser ( /images/graemlins/eek.gif), start it up and see the "low fuel" warning light on so you tell the service dept and they get you a chit to fill up at the station down the block and the service manager reminds you to fill it with "gasoline, not diesel", for which you are thankful because you would have pulled right up to the diesel pump without even blinking an eye. You then drive the auto-2.slow-gasser-loaner to the gas station, fill up the $20 worth of gas, pay the attendant and drive back to the dealership to return the loaner and say "Thanks, but no thanks, I'll just sit here and wait another hour for my car to be done".

This was me on Friday. And the funny thing is I had both my kids with me this whole time and they didn't even mind being dragged around like that. I took them out for lunch as a treat for behaving so well while I was acting like a nut, all the time wondering when they'll be old enough to appreciate TDI's. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 black Sportwagen SE, '01 silver Jetta GLS, '00 green Beetle

You slow down when a big diesel 4X4 truck comes up behind you so they can read your "Yes, It's a Diesel" license plate holder. Then you floor it to show them it's not a weeny little car!

You have a ritual of turning the key to "on", putting on your seatbelt, and then turning the key the rest of the way to start the car, in order to give time for the glow plug light to go off. Even when you're driving your spouse's gasser.

You drive 10 miles from home in order to fuel up at the only biodiesel station in town. Your hubby knows that it's not okay to fill up anywhere else when he's borrowed the car.

You make plans to go to a GTG 6 weeks in advance.

You look for excuses to drive somewhere, because the car's so much fun, and it's so cheap to drive for miles and miles.

You make your friends and relatives drive your car at least once so they can know how exciting it is to have torque.

This is all, of course, just conjecture. I have never done any of these things myself! /images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Keli

itsmejerry

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI Nav, 2015 Passat SE TDI, 2015 Beetle Convertible TDI, 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI All Phase 2 Emission Modified complete. 50 State Legal Diesel!

You know you're obsessed when you've considered writing letters to your local city government to get them to change all the stop signs in your neighborhood to yield signs bucause you just hate knowing that accelerating on a cold TDI engine KILLS your mileage. (If I could just coast through....)

spicy_red

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI, highline, 6MT, multimedia, plat grey metallic

[ QUOTE ]
Post away...
You know you are obsessed with the TDI when...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ticked off cause I gotta ride on the team bus to a hockey tournament 700kms away... instead of driving there in the TDI!@

itsmejerry

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI Nav, 2015 Passat SE TDI, 2015 Beetle Convertible TDI, 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI All Phase 2 Emission Modified complete. 50 State Legal Diesel!

....when a topic that offers no technical advice gets 10,000 views. Don't worry, the 12-step self-help program isn't too far away.

LWB053

Vendor
TDI
2000 Jetta, Dk Green

Keli_OR, you actually LET people drive your TDI? Not me...they can get just as good a feel for the torque from the right seat... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

zanzabar

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta BEW 5spd (dual duty track car and daily driver beater)

[ QUOTE ]
You drive 10 miles from home in order to fuel up at the only biodiesel station in town. Keli

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

You drive 100 miles round trip to fill up the tank and two five gallon cans at the nearest station pumping biodiesel.

Dana Bartholomew

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2000, satin silver

You saunter into a VW showroom and there are two R32 Golfs, but you're not the least bit interested because the only car that can replace your beloved TDI won't be available in California until 2007.

nolongerhonda

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2003, Black

......the company you work for has a fleet of 6 diesel trucks and you go out in the -30 C weather and start them all just to smell that much diesel exhaust at once!
....you get upset because the same company has gasser vans and not the Jetta Wagon TDI you suggested

"I love the smell of diesel in the morning"

RichC

Veteran Member
TDI
Others: 82 MB 300D Turbodiesel & 2010 BMW X5 35D

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You drive 10 miles from home in order to fuel up at the only biodiesel station in town. Keli

[/ QUOTE ]

You drive 100 miles round trip to fill up the tank and two five gallon cans at the nearest station pumping biodiesel.

[/ QUOTE ]
You drive 200 miles round trip to fill up your TDI with Biodiesel at $3.00/gallon and are happy because 8 - 5 gallon 'jerry jugs' fit perfectly in the trunk of the Jetta! (and you share those with others in your area giving you an excuse to drive your TDI more!)

bigun

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI

You go to the local VW dealer (after hours, of course, to avoid pesky salesman) with pen and paper in hand and do a poll on how many TDI's are on the lot, if they are the '03 90 hp or '04 100 hp PD, and if they are in a Jetta/Golf/New Beetle.

zanzabar

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta BEW 5spd (dual duty track car and daily driver beater)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You drive 200 miles round trip to fill up your TDI with Biodiesel at $3.00/gallon and are happy because 8 - 5 gallon 'jerry jugs' fit perfectly in the trunk of the Jetta! (and you share those with others in your area giving you an excuse to drive your TDI more!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Touche'!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LWB053

Vendor
TDI
2000 Jetta, Dk Green

...when you and some co-workers are sitting around having coffee, and someone asks you if you have recent pictures of your new baby, and you say "Not since I had the windows tinted, but I'll have some this weekend after I get the new wheels on!"

...right beside your tool box are updated, individually bound, front-and-back copies of the A4 Timing Belt procedure and the TDI FAQ.

bigun

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI

....after you finish writing a check after making a purchase, the lady behind the register asks you for you driver's liscense number and you give her your password to TDICLUB!!

yamsTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Platnium Gray

...when you put anything new in your TDI, you have to document the whole process of installing it, post pictures on how to do it on TDI Club, then drive all around town showing everybody you know the new accessory you just installed.