2005 Passat TDI Wagon GL, $8300, Kansas City

crimsonguard6

TDI
2005 Passat TDI (Unchained 2012)
****SOLD****

Just shy of 178k miles

Purchased in 2010 from Michigan with about 135k on it. Told it was mostly highway miles but came with no service history.

Good:
-Changed from chain to gear BSM January 2012 (about 150k) have receipt but it’s in German (repair done in Heidelberg).
-Transmission rebuilt (167k) last November by Richard at Kansas City TDI, torque converter and oversized pressure regulator valve added. Has about 1k miles left on warranty
-No rust spots, bubbling or hint of any rust at all on the vehicle.

Not so good:
-Rear seat ash tray broken, stuck in closed position
-Rear cig. Lighter doesn’t work
-Driver's door actuator doesn't work
-Tires have about 5k left on them maybe.
-Some pitting on front but minimal considering mileage
-Left rear door 1/4" tear on panel
-Nickel size dent on tailgate under license plate
-Two dime sized dents on rear bumper, lots of scratches on top of bumper from loading/unloading stuff
-Nickel size dent on front of right rear passenger
-Missing jack location cover under passenger door
-Window tint torn in two places (left rear door and left cargo area)
-Scratch on rear left passenger door, couldn't make it visible in a photo
-Scratch (repaired) on left rear panel, couldn't make it visible in a photo
-Scratch (repaired) on right front bumper
-Deep scratch on inside of hatch

Have used full synthetic oil since I’ve owned it, no clue what PO used.
I have the cargo cover for it, just need to find it in storage.
There are Passat specific rubber floor mats front and rear in great condition about two years old, just not pictured

I’ll throw in the new sport shocks I bought in Germany but never installed since we had planned to use this as our autobahn traveling car but ended up buying an ’06 Touran TDI (yes that’s spelled Touran) and drove that all over Europe instead. They were around $450 IIRC.

Selling for a few reasons: Could stand to have a larger vehicle (truck) to support our house remodeling. We have a total of five vehicles so it’s time to thin the herd. Three cars are in storage and at least two of those need to go too. Lastly I’m a little bit bored with the car after four years.

Most photos are below but the whole slideshow can be seen here:
http://s48.photobucket.com/user/acfletcher98/slideshow/Passat

Looking to get $8300 for it. Not interested in trades, I have too many cars as it is. Only possible would be a 4WD Crew Cab.

Last edited:

newlitemotorist

Veteran Member
TDI
06' Jetta TDI dsg, 445,000 miles and counting!
Nice car! Should sell pretty fast at that price with its condition. If it were swapped to a manual it would have been gone by now...;)

newlitemotorist

Veteran Member
TDI
06' Jetta TDI dsg, 445,000 miles and counting!
My guess is the ac was on when that picture was taken. Mine does this too and every time I see it I have to take a double take.

crimsonguard6

TDI
2005 Passat TDI (Unchained 2012)
There is usually just one condensation puddle from the car, the other one must be from getting the undercarraige sprayed at the car wash. I will have to wait until Monday when I can get it up on a lift to get a detailed look. Will post photos of the undercarraige for my own piece of mind if nothing else. I'll never say never but this car doesn't mark it's territory like my Landcruiser did.