Blend door bushing ???

pricha00

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS TDI
Thanks to the great guys here at TDI I was able to diagnose why my A/C suddenly stopped working and all I was getting was fulll heat out of my Jetta. I even managed to get the bushing back up on the blend door and got it back on the cold setting.

I picked up the new part from my local VW dealer today so I can fix it right. The online directions as usual sound not too bad. LOL

I can feel the lever, and I can even pry the old bushing out while attached to the lever What I can't seem to master is how the cable from the knob comes off the lever so I can remove the lever and swap out the bushing. I tried a large makeup mirror and a light but I still can't see what is really going on with that connection.

If you gurus would find it in your heart to steer this novice in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Pat.

Brokk

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 GLS TDI JETTA
I had the same problem last week; Hot air blowing with AC or "vent" on. The blend door connected to the air temp switch had stopped working because of the bushing you described. What part number was that? I need to order a replacement in case mine breaks again. It is back in place but the plastic tab is cracked on one side and will likely pop off again in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U9ZdkAjdhQ

This video helped me to see what was going on under the dash on the passenger side near the center consol.