Wiring, TDI in Mk2 Jetta

clyde

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta, 1959 DeSoto with leopard-skin seat covers
Anyone know where to find the layout of connectors on the back of the Mk2 relay/fuse panel? Tells what each of those connectors is used for.

It's in the Mk2 Bentley manual somewhere; I've seen it. But now that I need it I can't find it. I've scoured the Electrical System and Current Flow Diagrams sections, and struck out!

I'm certain it's in there; am certain that I've seen it in the past; but it's eluding me now!

Directions gratefully accepted!

Thanks!

clyde

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta, 1959 DeSoto with leopard-skin seat covers
I was wrong. Just found the info in the Mk3 Bentley. Pp 97-4 and 97-5… Same fuse panel, so should apply to Mk2.

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat B4V, ALH engine out of a 2002 Jetta, some IE Rods and ASV Pistons. Nothing drivable yet though
a2resource.com is also a good resource

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Depends on what Mk2 you're talking about really.

If it's a late Mk2 then it's simple, CE2 electrics just like Mk3 & B4 TDI cars so that makes it simple although some custom work needed.

If it's early, like US production Mk2 Golf or even German Jetta Mk2 that's a different story, a very different story.

Steve

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
Depends on what Mk2 you're talking about really.

If it's a late Mk2 then it's simple, CE2 electrics just like Mk3 & B4 TDI cars so that makes it simple although some custom work needed.

If it's early, like US production Mk2 Golf or even German Jetta Mk2 that's a different story, a very different story.

Steve
If its early mk2 then you'll need to use the other pages of a2 resource: http://a2resource.com/electrical/CE1.html