Gtd1752vrk daily driver exhaust options

cog

Veteran Member
TDI
98 GT.TDI 11O
I'm wanting to use the new gtd1752 or 56vrk for my daily driver just because I've had big laggy turbos and my route to work needs more low end grunt
They do bothe the gtb and the gtd brand new welded onto manifolds but where as the gtb1756 has plenty of places that do exhausts to fit the new 5th generation gtd does not , I think they do a v band conector that can fit into stock exhaust and my thoughts was just to gut the dpf filter and just get what I can from the 2" stock exhaust, unless someone on here can make an adapter flange for a 2.5 to fit
Thanks any help appreciated

cog

Veteran Member
TDI
98 GT.TDI 11O
I've found that the gtd needs a little inlet pipe work but nothing much but needs the stock exhaust cutting and a v band connector to fit , there's always more than meets the eye with a totally different turbo install , so should I be asking the question is there any much of a noticeable difference in low end grunt or power band between the Gtb1756 3rd gen turbos and the gtd1752 5th gen turbos

Pcar993

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2000 White
difference in low end grunt or power band between the Gtb1756 3rd gen turbos and the gtd1752 5th gen turbos
Not trying to sound like a smart a$$, but what is considered the 4th gen turbos?
Also what gen is vnt17/22 considered?

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
GTxxV (first-gen, which the VNT17/22 is)
GTAxxV (2nd gen)
GTBxxV (3rd gen)
GTCxxV (4th gen)
GTDxxV (5th gen)

kiwibru

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2-door, 2k Silver. Red RTDI now gone but not forgotten!
If you get one of the GTD from Gottuned in Poland they ship it with the V-band connector clamp and exhaust pipe insert. The insert is s.s. and gets welded to the downpipe after you cut off the OEM three bolt flange that you probably have now.
The downpipe then gets bolted to the turbo body with the V-clamp. It is similar to the setup you might see on the downpipe connection to the back pipe on the Passenger Performance S.S. exhaust system.
I am moving forward on such an upgrade but haven't had the time to look at the silicone connectors for IC intake. Hopefully similar in size to VNT series.
I had GTB1756 on a car I sold last year it was mostly a mid-range to high-range spooling turbo. Nothing like VNT 17 or 17/22. Ran a custom Malone tune and PP764. It is still in use by the new owner. It is a wild add-on but I always thought it would have been nice with a bit lower rpm spooling. GTD seems to fit the bill there if you have a good tune and what not.