P0200 - Code but no symptoms

squeegee_boy

Veteran Member
A family member drove the car 250 miles last week, and noted that the CEL came on 5 miles from its final destination. They did not have VCDS with them, so no scan, but were able to use a Scan Gauge to pull a P0200 code. Aside from the CEL, there were no other symptoms. Code was reset and the car was driven home 250 miles, plus an additional 50 miles for a total of 300 miles. No codes, and no issues.
As an FYI, codes for injectors are as follows:
P0200
Injector Circuit/Open
P0201
Injector Circuit/Open - Cylinder 1
P0202
Injector Circuit/Open - Cylinder 2
P0203
Injector Circuit/Open - Cylinder 3
P0204
Injector Circuit/Open - Cylinder 4
I'm at a bit of a loss as to whether this is worth chasing. For that matter, if it is worth pursuing, where should I be checking? As P0200 is a generic injector circuit fault, I'm not even sure where I should start chasing wiring, as I would expect an individual injector to call out its own code, such as P0201, P0202..... A search of past posts does note find this to be an uncommon issue and almost non-existent as a stand-alone code. Any opinions? Should I just wait to see if it recurs?
I would not normally be overly concerned, but we drive over over roads where cell phone reception drops for up to 80 miles at a stretch. I fear the car won't be long for this world if it stops running in an area of no reception.