2013, Polo 1.2L CFWA 6R rough idling. CEL on + flashing glow plug

bsourav

TDI
Polo 1.2L TDI 6R 2013
Hello All,
I am facing issue of rough idling with CEL On + glow plug light flashing. Scanned and got P0201, which translates to cylinder-1(1st one from pulley side (?)) fuel injection problem.
Rough idling meaning it is hovering at 830 rpm, frequently dropping rpm, hesitation on acceleration, no hint of unnatural smoke.

Already checked:
1. Resistance of injector-1 solenoid - 1.3 Ohm :confused: (Same as Injector 2 & 3)
2. Voltage between (+ve) connection of 'injector-1' and (-ve) of battery is 2.5V (Ignition On/Engine Off), again same as injector 2 & 3. I have checked injector spec, it says it operation on 12v.
3. I cranked engine when injector-1 disconnected. Engine was running @1200 rpm idle. Then connected the injector-1 and cranked again, I resumed to my original issue.

Pending checks:
1. Check continuity of negative side of the injector connection. To do this I need ECU connectors pinout. I have googled it no luck so far :(.
2. If all of the above returned positive result then I will check ECU pulse. and then
3. Fuel injector test.

Note: I am at 56000 Km/4.5 Years.

Edit:
Can you help me with following items:
1. Pinout of ECU connectors.
2. Delphi fuel injectors specification.

Last edited:

bsourav

TDI
Polo 1.2L TDI 6R 2013
Meantime I tried following things

Checked fuel injector connection using multimeter at ECU connector end by following below diagram. Connection is OK. This check should rule out harness/loom fault.

Any inputs?

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
This engine never made it to North America, so not a lot of folks here with any experience.

For the PD engines in general, the most common cause of intermitten injector issues is the injector harness inside the valve cover at the connection to the injector.

Did you measure Ohms on each of the injectors separately at the ECU connection? were they each exactly the same?

If they each OHM out exactly the same (At the ECU - checking the harness at the same time) then you have a fault in the ECU driver circuit - very rare.

bsourav

TDI
Polo 1.2L TDI 6R 2013

bsourav

TDI
Polo 1.2L TDI 6R 2013
Looks like it is faulty injector.

I have swapped Injector-1 and Injector-2, then I got error code "P0202-Cylinder 2 injector circuit malfunction" instead of 'P0201". This tells me it is the injector not the harness or ECU driver circuit.

I hope replacing injector will solve this issue.

Thanks everyone!

bsourav

TDI
Polo 1.2L TDI 6R 2013
Success!

Replacing injector-1 solved this issue. Now engine is running fine.

Thanks for input Windex :).