Stolen Touareg this morning

Manual preferred

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat
My Touareg is in the auction lot. I went to see it and say goodbye and take my things out of the car. Most of my belongings were in there including the Dash Cam, but not the iPod Altec speaker which was worth much less. I'm hoping in the six weeks they had it, they didn't put regular gas in it…dummie. Grrrrr! The man at the next car was looking at his wrecked car. He was from Albania and told me my new car was not as good as the Treg. I agreed. It was a sad moment. He told me to buy it back, but I have a bad feeling about it. Creepy.

So where is the real Maine? Penobscout Bay, Deer Isle, Avon? New Portland? Arctic Circle?

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
Didn't realize it had been recovered. Yeah, I wouldn't want it back, regardless of how it looked. All it would take is one misfueling.

tdi.in.va

TDI
1Z
To get a manual in the US you have to go to a Cayenne V6 gasser. In fact there was a 2008 on CL in MD a coule of weeks ago.

Or as mentioned import or convert. Neither of those options are great.
the bmw X5 was also briefly available in the US with a manual transmission.

Manual preferred

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat
It was located 4 days after I bought a Honda CRV. I went out there to get the things out of the car All that was taken were the speaker for the IPOD,iPod cables and a disposable cell phone. They didn't take the Dash Cam….probably didn't know what it was. The body was in perfect condition except the stick shift was opened up I guess to start it without the key. I was also afraid that they might have used regular fuel.

Here is the contact information:
IAA –Insurance Auto Auction
14149 Brandywine Rd
Brandywine, MD 20613
P – 301-372-8876
Stock # 16222387

VIN WVGFK98P8CD091859 or 001859 ( struck a line through the VIN number to make a temporary new car for the Honda. It's a beautiful car. Hope you get it.
Mei EMI

Manual preferred

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat
Exhausted

After all that you don't want it back???!!!!
I didn't want it back because I just bought a new car and just want to move on. It would mean selling the new car at a loss and buying the damaged TREG.

There was a man from Albania cleaning out his totaled Toyota next to my car. He really wanted it. It was the only Diesel on the lot. He said "We Europeans are crazy about Diesels. He looked sadly at my car and my new car next to each other and pointed to the TREG and said THAT CAR IS BETTER THAN THIS CAR! Buy it back!

It also has a net of four new Michelins bought in July from Costco.
MM

Manual preferred

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat
Whoops! I typed the VIN number wrong off the insurance card with the line scratched. I just found the Bill of sale which is clearer:
VIN WVGFK9BP8CD001859

retype: VIN WVGFK9BP8CD001859

It was located 4 days after I bought a Honda CRV. I went out there to get the things out of the car All that was taken were the speaker for the IPOD,iPod cables and a disposable cell phone. They didn't take the Dash Cam….probably didn't know what it was. The body was in perfect condition except the stick shift was opened up I guess to start it without the key. I was also afraid that they might have used regular fuel.

Here is the contact information:
IAA –Insurance Auto Auction
14149 Brandywine Rd
Brandywine, MD 20613
P – 301-372-8876
Stock # 16222387

VIN WVGFK98P8CD091859 or 001859 ( struck a line through the VIN number to make a temporary new car for the Honda. It's a beautiful car. Hope you get it.
Mei EMI

NoobyT

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
I think someone - the recovery company? - opened up the gearchange to press the concealed gear lever release button otherwise the transmission would have remained locked in park.