Drive up Mt. Washington

millere5815

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
I recorded the drive up on the gopro. I might finally have the time to get it edited and uploaded after this weekend. I just wanted to post this now so that people would have a heads up. I will be posting the full drive up, with the CD audio overlay, as well as cuts of good shots, if there were any. I actually haven't even had time to watch the video myself yet.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
John, the AutoRoad is maintained better than a lot of roads in New Hampshire and Maine. :eek: The reason that it is not paved at the top is because of the extreme weather conditions. If it was paved, frost heaves would destroy it every year. Not something you experience where you live. ;)

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Nice video! You're missing the "g" in Washington in the video title. ;)

LRTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
RIP 16 GSW... Just the LR diesel now
So clear! I drove it in August. Solid cloud at summit. First time like that for me. Its a drive that never disappoints.

I so want to drive Pike's Peak!

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
John, the AutoRoad is maintained better than a lot of roads in New Hampshire and Maine. :eek: The reason that it is not paved at the top is because of the extreme weather conditions. If it was paved, frost heaves would destroy it every year. Not something you experience where you live. ;)
You are right, we do have to go to the mountains for snow, but I was thinking of our mountain roads. Like the Tioga Pass, 9943 ft. Closed because of snow, usually from the end of October to sometime in May. Still a good road every year when they clear the snow. It is the highest state highway in Calif, I have driven it just a week or so after it has been reopened from the winter. No matter - the view at the top of Mt. Washington was great!

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
Thanks for sharing!

and thanks for not tailgating on the way up:)