Oil Change

nicknack2

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI Passat SE & 06' TDI Jetta
Got to start on my 40K service, but my engine oil filter seems different than what I pulled out from the car:confused:...kit came with Mahale OX 388 D. Which don't look nothing like what the car has, I don't know how to post pics...any help will be greatly appreciated as I would like to have the passat ready for tomorrow...

itsmejerry

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI Nav, 2015 Passat SE TDI, 2015 Beetle Convertible TDI, 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI All Phase 2 Emission Modified complete. 50 State Legal Diesel!
The information I've found shows the OX 388 D fits 2012-2014 models of the Passat TDI.

You may want to check YouTube / Passat TDI Oil Change to compare videos to what you're seeing.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
idparts never steered me wrong with filters

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Would be nice if the OP could update his info - by his name says he has a 2006 Jetta TDI and a 2001 GM Duramax but no Passat listed.

So what year Passat we talking about here? The 2015 has a different engine than the 2012-2014 Passat so the oil filter did change. Maybe he has the wrong year kit for his particular Passat?

roni024

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL DSG
Well, this is the same nickknack2 that started an identical thread in this (NMS) forum a couple weeks ago, then admitted he posted it in the wrong forum and wasn't heard from again until now. I'm guessing computer skills are not high up on his list of talents.

nicknack2

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI Passat SE & 06' TDI Jetta
I accidentally or by mistake ordered the 40K service kit for the wrong year model 12-14 Passat and mine is a 15... so that is my fault I should admit as I admitted to posting in the wrong forum once, thanks roni024 for embarrassing me... not sure of your post relevance to my original question, you must be one of those elite humans who never make mistakes...nevertheless I spoke to IDParts this morning and they informed me that no only I had the wrong oil filter, but I also needed one more quart of engine oil and that the fuel filter I received is also the wrong kind, so they will send me one more quart of oil, a fuel filter, an oil filter and will give me credit for the fuel filter once they get it back...I dirtied the oil filter while scratching my head figuring out was going on so no refund on that...great service from IDParts...

thanks you all for your great responses... will update my profile to reflect my 2015 Passat...

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
live and learn and use the "Garage" feature of idparts, it'll save your '15 in your profile and allow you to only order for that car.