02 Jetta project - Part out, or sell as whole - $3500 - delivery included! (see post)

blu_jet_92

Veteran Member
TDI
all of them
02 Jetta project - Part out/sell as whole - $3500 - delivery included! (Peoria, IL)

I have a 2002 Jetta that I purchased as an auto in 2015. The individual I purchased it from had let it sit outside 5-6 months prior to my purchase with minimal driving. The previous owner claims that the motor only has 130K on it. In that time, the vehicle acquired a few small house guests (mice). I was able to drive the car home about 2 hours without issue. After cleaning it up (pulled headliner and many other interior trim parts; many were ruined and are still missing), I drove it myself for a year. The motor was solid, but missing spunk; the trans was OK but started to feel loose. The last straw was a neutral safety switch wire breaking somewhere in the harness, creating a real headache. All of this together prompted me to turn the car into a project in the spring of 2017. I pulled the motor/trans out, took the motor down to the block, but left the bottom end together. Painted the block, replaced all wear parts as I went, and bought a manual swap from a local doner. Manual swap came from car with 170k miles.
I paid $1000 for the car and $500 for the manual swap components.
Upgrades purchased for this project:
Kerma's 150HP kit with S7 turbo upgrade ~ $2500
Bosio DLC Race 520 with Cal and mount ~ $650
Koni Special (Red) Strut and Shock Set (A4) ~ $600 (this is still in the box)
I also "upgraded" to an IDParts High milage timing belt kit. (if you wanna call that an upgrade)
Just remember, since this was an auto, it has an 11mm IP.
The manual swap came with a brand new VR6
I've deleted the EGR, and did an EGR valve delete, leaving the anti-shutter valve intact.
Due to a job change, I lost a lot of free time, and the car started to sit; I bought a Passat to take the place of my DD, so I no longer have the need for this car to run, other than just to have fun with it.
At this point, the motor and trans are in the vehicle and the wiring is finished for the manual swap. The previous owner had done a LOT of wiring "fixes" with butt connectors and wire nuts... I've started to slowly fix these, but am getting confused and discouraged since he also spliced in some new wiring; it's just a mess wiring wise.
The body is not entirely rust free, but the fenders aren't showing anything yet. It is obvious that it's been smoked in.
At this point, I'm wanting 2 things: reclaim the space in my garage and reclaim some of the money I've got tied up in it.
So here's what I'm asking:
You take everything for what I simply have in upgrades - 3500 - I'll deliver, no charge, up to a 5-hour one-way trip.
For those of you who want to offer for specific parts, or even a whole motor, or whole manual swap kit, start dropping those requests to me now via DM, and I'll go through that list if the whole thing hasn't moved in a week or two.
Here are a few starting pics; please request other pics, and I'll add these to this post as requested.

I'm motivated to sell this, simply because I'm tired of looking at it.
Feel free to call or text anytime (literally anytime - I work inconsistent hours) 3o9-349-2lo6. I won't pick up the phone for any unknown numbers, so just leave a VM and I'll call back in short order.

Last edited:

kirmet

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Galactic Blue
Body color? Cloth or leather if leather, what condition is it in?