Performance chip or module for 2006 Jetta TDI?

Big Bob

TDI
2006 Jetta
Thursday I am purchasing a 2006 Jetta TDI with a 5-speed manual transmission. I am looking to increase the performance but don't want to go radical. Maybe another 25-30 HP. Don't want to get to the point where I would need to replace the clutch or turbo. Just want a daily driver with a little better performance and better fuel mileage. Any suggestions? I would prefer a plug and play.

darkhorse

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Golf GLS, '01 Dodge/Cummins
Any one of the popular tuners can do just what you are looking fore.

Big Bob

TDI
2006 Jetta
Can you recommend a plug and play? Don't want to send my ECU to be programed. I am new to TDI's, I have been a Dodge Cummins guy for years and know all about them. Just sold my 04 Ghostrider, had over 600 HP.

darkhorse

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Golf GLS, '01 Dodge/Cummins
Kerma, Mikel & Malone all have loaders for sale or rent. I don't think RC does.

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
Thursday I am purchasing a 2006 Jetta TDI with a 5-speed manual transmission. I am looking to increase the performance but don't want to go radical. Maybe another 25-30 HP. Don't want to get to the point where I would need to replace the clutch or turbo. Just want a daily driver with a little better performance and better fuel mileage. Any suggestions? I would prefer a plug and play.
Tuning can get you closer to 40hp. I have yet to hear of that causing issues with the clutch or otherwise.

drrck

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS MKIV
For the BRM I've seen recommendations on getting stage 1+ or less mostly due to the potential for boost creep in the PDs. Those are still good for 35 hp IIRC depending on vendor.