TDIFest 2010 Photo Gallery Contest

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
:DA fun event for everyone, even if you can't make it to fest.:D
What is it?
A Photo Gallery/Contest made up of photographs of our beloved cars sent in by our members and voted on by our members.

The Prize:
Winner gets an honorable mention at the Sunday Awards Banquet, with a Blue Ribbon prize. Grand Prize: winner gets their photo put on the home page of TDIClub as representative photo for the club! :cool:

Rules of Entry:
If you would like to participate in the Photo Gallery Contest, please submit your entry via the following set of rules:
  • All contestants MUST be a TDIClub member (no making many user names just to submit entries):p
  • submit an 8x10 MATTED photo of your favorite TDI (VW or Audi) that you've taken (please do not include any people or animals in the photos, JUST the car please).
  • Limit MAXIMUM 2 entries per person
  • Please include a short “title” for each photo, your contact information –name, user name, email or phone number.
  • Private sales are permitted, but are NOT the responsibility of TDIClub, TDIFest, it’s affiliates or staff. See below for more information
  • No previous sign-up or reservation necessary.
  • You may mail in your photo's to:
    TDIFest Photo Contest
    C/O Brian Webber
    PO Box 451
    Troutdale Oregon 97060

• Or you may submit your entry upon check in at TDIFest.
  • Latest entry will be accepted by 12 noon on Saturday, September 4th, 2010.
**Returning photos: **

Mail in contestants: If you want your photo RETURNED to you please include a separate self addressed envelope (your choice of style) with postage and we will mail it to you after fest. If you do not care to have it returned then we will dispose of it by September 10 -one week after fest is over. If we do not receive the envelope, we will NOT return your photo to you. It get's very expensive to return all the entries separately. Thanks for understanding. :)

Voting
Photo's will be on display at the Sheraton Airport Hotel in the Mt. St. Helen’s ballroom during the weekend of TDIFest. During check-in, all attendee's of TDIFest will be given a 3x5 index card. Attendee's are allowed 1 vote, to be placed in a ballot box and tallied just before the banquet. In order to vote for a photo, you MUST be an attendee at TDIFest. Photo’s will not be posted on the forum for electronic voting.

The Twist: (and disclaimer)
If you'd like to sell your artwork, you're welcome to do so as a PRIVATE SALE. TDIClub or TDIFest and it’s affiliates are not responsible for the sale transaction of your photo. We will be displaying these photo's at TDIFest for people's viewing and voting on for contest purposes only. TDIClub and TDIFest are not charging an Entry Fee, nor are we accepting any money for the display of these photos. If you'd like to sell your photographic artwork, please send in the matted 8x10 photo, along with a 2x3 index card with the title of the photo, contact information and desired price so that other members may contact you for the sale. If you do not include a price and a member expresses interest in purchasing your photograph, TDIFest staff will only provide your TDIClub screen name for the buyer to contact you, unless it is specified: DO NOT CONTACT on the index card. It is your responsibility to handle the transaction of the sale of your own photo's. TDIFest or it's staff will not be handling the sale of any photos, we will only be responsible for displaying it for the contest.

Winning:
Votes will be tallied manually just before the Sunday Awards Banquet. A first and second place winner will be decided on. The winners will be announced at the banquet and the Grand Prize winner (first place) will be asked to provide an electronic copy of the photograph so that we may post it on the TDIClub home page.

Enter, display, have fun! We’re excited to see what comes up. But please, Keep the photo’s “clean and tasteful.” Remember, it’s a family event. :eek:;)

Last edited:

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
What a fun contest ! Count me in for sure! Now all I need is my camera back.

JetPuf

Veteran Member
TDI
White '98 Bug, Gray 2010 GL350
Weather across the nation has been looking pretty got. that sounds like a good reason to get the car all shined up and photographed.

Should we post some teaser shots of our work??

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
What a great concept. This is a perfect opportunity for people to show of their cars that are flying into the Fest this year. Hopefully everyone takes advantage of this.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
does it matter how much Photoshoping we do?
Ideally the car would be physically in the location that you're photographing. Make sure you're not using anyone else's copyright material (ie, photoshopping your car onto someone else's beach photo). and just remember to keep it "clean";)

But, in the end... it's all art. :D let your mind be creative. the members will vote on which they like best.

Digital Corpus

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'97 B4 w/ 236K mi body, 46K mi soul
Some may think you need a high-end camera etc to get the a good 8x10 print. In fact, as long as you camera has the proper controls, and you know how to take a photo, even a cell phone camera can provide a stunning shot!

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Some may think you need a high-end camera etc to get the a good 8x10 print. In fact, as long as you camera has the proper controls, and you know how to take a photo, even a cell phone camera can provide a stunning shot!
I agree to this up to a point. There are a few exceptional camera phones out there nowadays that will make a great 8x10, but most are garbage LOL. I'll still bring along my trusty DSLR for contest shots.

I've been driving all around to try and find good backdrops LOL. Sometimes, by the time I get out there, my car is too dirty, or it's too dark... Oh the challenge :eek:

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
I agree to this up to a point. There are a few exceptional camera phones out there nowadays that will make a great 8x10, but most are garbage LOL. I'll still bring along my trusty DSLR for contest shots.

I've been driving all around to try and find good backdrops LOL. Sometimes, by the time I get out there, my car is too dirty, or it's too dark... Oh the challenge :eek:
Start bringing some spot detailer and a bigger flash. ;)

kromicacid

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL - Fixed

i would submit this picture if we could do online... may this beauty rest in pieces...

Really going to miss not winning the Mk5 show-n-shine this year.

Last edited:

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI

i would submit this picture if we could do online... may this beauty rest in pieces...

Really going to miss not winning the Mk5 show-n-shine this year.
so, print it, mat it, send it. :D cheap mats are available at Walmart and shipping (if done in time via snail mail) should only cost a couple bucks-ish. It's all good in the name of fun!!! :D

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
What a great concept. This is a perfect opportunity for people to show off their cars that are flying in to the Fest this year. Hopefully everyone takes advantage of this.
What? My car can fly in to the fest? So why has it been letting me make driving plans when it can fly in?!?
Oh Sure! A the last minute it'd say, "Nah, I changed my mind about driving. I'll fly. You go ahead and spend two weeks on the road, (you moron!)"

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
OK here's my teaser... Just imagine a TDI in front of it...

Last edited:

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Tnx Shalon..... Just to clarify... for those who plan to attend the banquet, can we just bring our entry print back with us after the banquet and save on the return mailing thing?

**Returning photos: **

Mail in contestants: If you want your photo RETURNED to you please include a separate self addressed envelope (your choice of style) with postage and we will mail it to you after fest. If you do not care to have it returned then we will dispose of it by September 10 -one week after fest is over. If we do not receive the envelope, we will NOT return your photo to you. It get's very expensive to return all the entries separately. ..........

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Tnx Shalon..... Just to clarify... for those who plan to attend the banquet, can we just bring our entry print back with us after the banquet and save on the return mailing thing?
Absolutely! if you are attending fest, and would like to take your photo home with you, you're very welcome to do so at any time. :D (read as, the less we have to ship, the better!) ;)

Just know that if your photo is not up through the weekend, then it may have less chance to receive the most amount of votes. :cool: And remember, if you think you've won, you'll want to be at the awards banquet to receive your prize. :D

Let's see 'em! I'm so excited to know what people come up with! Can't wait to get out there and take my own shots... hopefully.

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
I never realized how hard it is to "create" a shot. I've always just snapped them as they presented themselves. This contest is proving to be quite difficult. That, and I have 4th grader photography skills :eek:

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
I was asked to post about size of the photo. If the photo that you're planning on submitting looks better at a slightly different size (larger or smaller) then that's fine. It doesn't have to be exactly an 8x10. but an 8x10 is the most common size for many pictures and mats.

Bump for the Photo contest! Who's bringing pictures with them!?!?!?!?! :-D

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
I have taken a handful of photos in one location, but they're garbage IMHO. I need to get out this week and shoot! Gotta make sure the San Fran boy doesn't win :p

cmitchell

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS black / black leather
I was asked to post about size of the photo. If the photo that you're planning on submitting looks better at a slightly different size (larger or smaller) then that's fine. It doesn't have to be exactly an 8x10. but an 8x10 is the most common size for many pictures and mats.

Bump for the Photo contest! Who's bringing pictures with them!?!?!?!?! :-D
Does that mean a 5X7 will work? That's the most common size for matting around here... at least it's what the two "local" county fairs require.

06SpiceRedTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Spice Red TDI Jetta, 2006.5 DSG Platinum Gray TDI
I like this one but don't feel like getting it matted and framed by noon tommorow.