How does the AAZ engine look?

Wizzman

Hi!
A friend bought a Golf TD -93 a year ago.
However, this weekend he came over, having problem with a leaking oil-return hose from the turbo.

He had been at the VAG-stealer ( dealer ) wanting to order a new hose, but when they got it, it wasnt at all looking like that.

So he came to me, with his turbo and hose, and i did a search for the turbo P/N on google, and in ETKA, the results was: The turbo comes from a Golf / Jetta MK1 TD, or early MK2.

A quick look in ETKA showed, that the oil-return hose he has, looks similar to the one from a MK1 / MK2 TD, while the one for the AAZ engine looks completely different.

And also, the Wastegate is plugged on his turbo??

So, i followed him home, and looked at his car... And the engine looks simliar to the MK1/MK2 diesel-engine, with a completely mechanical injector pump, etc. Only a different thing for the crank case ventilation, on the valve-cover, and some different thing on the injector pump - I am, however, comparing to a non-Turbo MK1/Mk2 diesel, maybe the MK1 / MK2 TD:s have these things also?

The engine number is, he says, CV063 968.
Checking in ETKA, the CV engine is a 2.0 Fuel engine from -79, But he isnt sure about the V, and the "CY" engine, is the 1.6L MK1 TD with 70Hp.

How should the AAZ engine look?

I´m "suspecting" a previous owner fitted a older engine in his car.

Btw, the VAG-dealer wants 350$ for the oil return hose for a Jettan MK1 -83 TD.

//Daniel