Exxon premium diesel

ufoguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat, Shadow Blue, gray leather
i spoke to the owner of a local exxon station who told me that they are now dispensing a premium type of diesel, although it is not labeled that way.

please look at the photo i took of the exxon diesel and tell me if you think it is any lighter or better in appearance than standard #2 diesel. it looks to be somewhere in between. however, i am told that diesel fuels can be various colors and still be a premium blend. i would like to find some of the sunoco ecoclear pictured below.

i am going to get a sample of the shell premium diesel i have been using and compare to the exxon diesel in another set of photos. i have not yet run the exxon diesel in my NB.

thanks!
Exxon diesel sample

here are the pix and text from a post by RichC:

[ QUOTE ]
Topped off with the Sunoco EcoClear Premium Diesel this week and my mileage did improve. I think that there might be something to this grade of Premium Diesel ... either that or the the warm weather blend is back out and making a big difference. I'm including a couple photos of the fuels I'm hoping will keep my intake manifold cleaner, not to mention the exhaust.

[/ QUOTE ]

DonCT

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Silver Beetle GLS
I wonder if Exxon and Mobil diesel is the same. The Mobil station near me supposedly sells premium diesel, but my car seems to prefer Gulf Dieselect. The ExxonMobil website is kind of vague about their premium fuels. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

ufoguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat, Shadow Blue, gray leather
lots of views but only one response?

so does this exxon fuel look like any other diesel or does it appear to be lighter in color?

thanks.

cp