2003 Jetta Wagon GLS TDI, 6 speed, Malone Stage 4, VNT17, PP764

woelrutie

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, 2011 Jetta Sportwagen
OFF THE MARKET!!!

I am selling this wagon to make room for a buyback TDI in our garage. I purchased the car a little over two years ago from another TDIClub member who performed the 6-speed manual transmission swap and turbo upgrade. This fantastic daily-driver wagon has been reliable and really fun to drive.

The good:
  • 2003 Jetta Wagon GLS model with full leather, sunroof, power windows, etc.
  • 248,XXX miles
  • 6-speed 02M manual transmission, DRW code, shifts incredibly smooth (bought from frans)
  • PP764 injectors (bought from frans)
  • VNT17 turbo (bought from x-man)
  • Malone Stage 4 custom tune (bought directly from Mark)
  • Timing belt and replaced at ~200,000 miles
  • Intake manifold just cleaned at ~220,000 miles
  • 1-¼" trailer hitch receiver and 4-pin trailer wiring
  • Evolution imports aluminum skid plate
  • Vented fender liner
  • Leather seats
  • FIS MFA full-height instrument cluster, wired to show outside air temp
  • Bi-xenon FX-R projectors headlights with Morimoto XB35 ballasts and 4500K Morimoto bulbs retrofitted into aftermarket housings
  • Pioneer 5000NEX CD/DVD/Nav head unit with CarPlay (Lightning cable routed to pop out near the vents)
  • Backup camera wired into the Pioneer head unit
  • Steering wheel cruise and audio controls (volume, station, podcast jump fwd/back)
  • Convenience mod (tap the signal stalk and you get three blinks of the turn signal)
  • Bridgestone Ecopia tires with more than 50% tread mounted on 15” steelies
  • Michelin X-Ice tires with more than 50% tread mounted on 15” steelies
  • Koni red shocks on the back; stock shocks up front (front shocks were replaced before 200,000 miles)
  • Audi TT lower control arm solid bushings
  • Euro wiper arms and blades (both front and hatch)
  • Driver door key replaced with solid dud
  • Cup-holders near parking brake, under armrest, and pop-out ones under the dash vents
  • Monster mats
  • Audi leather-wrapped steering wheel
  • Rear cargo cover and rear headrests
  • AA Rodriguez armrest hinge upgrade
  • Engine cover pull-off retrofit (ball stud and socket connections allow you to easily pull the cover off by hand, without the need for tools)
  • Two keys and keyfobs
  • Keyfob opens/closes the windows
  • Unlocking doors with the keyfob unlocks hatch
  • Miscellaneous spare parts, including an EGR valve, fog lights, and more that I can’t remember
  • Thule aerobars are also negotiable if buyer is interested

High quality photos on Dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ekxekoo9y4968xb/AABaC80qBtXEiMLI59hp-cpUa?dl=0

The bad:
  • Leather seat on driver side has the seemingly typical fraying/seam splitting, passenger seat has three 1/4" holes
  • Turn signals flash rapidly
  • Backup camera only works intermittently (wiring looks good, so I think the camera sensor is going out)
  • Headliner is in very good condition, with minor sagging near the sunroof
  • Paint is in decent condition, with several minor scratches, a couple of chips where touchup paint has been applied
  • EGR valve leaks through the weepholes (minor leakage) during spirited drives

Last edited:

VincenzaV

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Free bump!

What wheel covers are those? I have a 04' wagon that needs these! I've never seen them before. Are they off a Touareg or something? Any chance your be willing to send me the VW part number on the back so I can order the exact same ones (or emai/message/text me a pic of the part number)?

That is a great deal on your wagon by the way. Every mod is something I'd do to mine. You have good tastes my friend :D

Sick car, wish you were in FL...

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
If I'm not mistaken, those wheel covers (which I agree - quite nice) are off like a 2008 City Golf (Canada), which was still built on the Mk4 platform.

woelrutie

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, 2011 Jetta Sportwagen
Thank you for the kind words. The part number for the wheels is 1JE 601 147A. I have actually decided to keep the wagon, so I’ll be editing the main post in a bit.

VincenzaV

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Thanks for the part number woelrutie! I checked eBay Canada and US. Seems like those are some pretty rare hubcaps! I'll keep surfing there before I go down to my dealer.