Share your high JSW TDI mileage?

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Hello,

I am also an 2011 JSW owner, happy to report almost 161k flawlessly miles.

only common issue are RCV. They replaced original compressor instead by warranty. Now I'm on 3rd compressor, my fault kinda on the 2nd one so it's excused due to my procrastination and FL heat exhausted the compressor.

So far what replaces are tires, I'm on the 3rd set with new steelies now. Discarded my OEM 16" bioline wheels, they are bent easily, one local shop bent one and caused others to have issues down the road so i got rid of them for steelies because I drive a lot and there are some rough roads and i got tired of vibrations.

still on original brakes as in rotors and pads, when i replaced wheels, pads showed about 50% thickness at 152k. I believe i can pass 200k on the set.

Original DPF, Alternator, Suspension.

replaced one glowplug so far.

Share yours also please.

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
2009 JSW 214,000 miles, not trouble free
VNT actuator
Brake discs (Rear twice- warped).
RCV
Leaking Plano roof.
Cracked DPF clogges EGR cooler
Various latch/lock failures
Bad rear LCA bushings.
Added 2 Micron system for HPFP insurance.
Buzzken DP and Malone 0.5
Westfalia towbar.
Rear view camera

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
128,000 miles

Recently changed shocks, struts, LCA rear, all just for refresh, wasn't much wrong. does feel nicer.

also front brakes, disks and pads, rear pads, and both front axles and bearings (was really the inner CV joint going/lack of lube)

before that, had an outer cv joint rubber cover crack, and two oil leaks, one into the coolant from the oil cooler, the other into the engine compartment from a line to where, i don't know, as I was in more of a check writing mood than a wrench turning one at the time.

the biggest improvement from any single item was finding loose subframe adapter bolts, and replacing same.

jeepnguy

TDI
2011 JSW
Bought my 2011 JSW with 16,500 on it. 12 months later no major issues little bit of electrical gremlins every now and then and starting to get a rough idle and kind of hesitation During acceleration. Just hit 52,000 miles.

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
...2013 JSW TDI 6M here.........................

I can't adequately state how these 100,000+ 'no problemas' reports boost confidence in my wagon - - - - - at the 18,500 mile mark.

Best to all, ez

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
128,000 miles

Recently changed shocks, struts, LCA rear, all just for refresh, wasn't much wrong. does feel nicer.

also front brakes, disks and pads, rear pads, and both front axles and bearings (was really the inner CV joint going/lack of lube)

before that, had an outer cv joint rubber cover crack, and two oil leaks, one into the coolant from the oil cooler, the other into the engine compartment from a line to where, i don't know, as I was in more of a check writing mood than a wrench turning one at the time.

the biggest improvement from any single item was finding loose subframe adapter bolts, and replacing same.
wow i havent replaced any of that besides my ac compressor twice. exhaust flap under warranty. tires twice. new rims. one local shop screwed me over by bending my OEM rims by dropping on floor with no air on tires from 5 ft. been vibrating so i got fed up and got steel wheels, and refuse to go to any local shop but one specific VW stealership. been happy with them ever since. this is the most reliable vehicle I've owned by rarely visit the shop plus rarely visit the gas station as i rack up 1k miles a week as an Videophone technician.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
keep driving it like she's your 2nd home, she will treat you well. best to stay away from Shell gas stations as far as i know. you guys can correct me if i am wrong. just simply treat her like if she's your precious vehicle, she will last you 400k plus.
...2013 JSW TDI 6M here.........................

I can't adequately state how these 100,000+ 'no problemas' reports boost confidence in my wagon - - - - - at the 18,500 mile mark.

Best to all, ez

TDI
2014 JSW TDI
keep driving it like she's your 2nd home, she will treat you well. best to stay away from Shell gas stations as far as i know. you guys can correct me if i am wrong. just simply treat her like if she's your precious vehicle, she will last you 400k plus.

Curious why you recommend against Shell for the TDI? I use them exclusively in all 3 of our VWs. They are a top tier station and V-power is widely regarded as one of the best fuels in the business. Is their diesel not of the same quality?

Only 1500 miles on my jsw here so I can't add much to this thread but it's nice to hear these cars can be just as trouble free as the older motors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anonymous911

Veteran Member
TDI
'16 DBP GTI SE 6MT PP/LP
Curious why you recommend against Shell for the TDI? I use them exclusively in all 3 of our VWs. They are a top tier station and V-power is widely regarded as one of the best fuels in the business. Is their diesel not of the same quality?

Only 1500 miles on my jsw here so I can't add much to this thread but it's nice to hear these cars can be just as trouble free as the older motors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you done any HPFP research lately? You will see about the majority of Shell Diesel fuel that was used during the HPFP failures.