CP3 Pump Install Experiments.**Big Picts**

KraftwerkB6

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
So is this CP3 kit a better/beefier hpfp replacment? and are the parts from another HPFP? or are they a mixture to make this pump much better then the stock cp4?

Also per reading in the CR170 turbo thread, this seems to be the " go-to" pump for more power/flow and protection?

Assume there are pictures at some point in this thread but work comp. will not allow pics to load.

UberVW_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf Variant TDI
So is this CP3 kit a better/beefier hpfp replacment? and are the parts from another HPFP? or are they a mixture to make this pump much better then the stock cp4?

Also per reading in the CR170 turbo thread, this seems to be the " go-to" pump for more power/flow and protection?

Assume there are pictures at some point in this thread but work comp. will not allow pics to load.
All your questions and much more are answered in this thread.

KraftwerkB6

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
read through this thread this morning, lots of good info, kinda sucks its on a halt till the dieselgate stuff blows over.

Anyone who has done just the pump and adapter want to shoot me a PM for the price of parts?

also didnt see anyone with feedback with stage 3/3.5 kits unless i missed them. But nonetheless seems this is the kit/pump that needs to go with the upgrades at some point.
great read!

YukonLT

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6MT
read through this thread this morning, lots of good info, kinda sucks its on a halt till the dieselgate stuff blows over.

Anyone who has done just the pump and adapter want to shoot me a PM for the price of parts?

also didnt see anyone with feedback with stage 3/3.5 kits unless i missed them. But nonetheless seems this is the kit/pump that needs to go with the upgrades at some point.
great read!
I'm running stage 3.5+ with the CP3 pump. Not much feedback to give other than it works perfectly, and now I don't worry about HPFP failure anymore :D

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Not sure if I should just go to cp3 with no pre-filter kit , or go 2micron, wait for failure, then cp3...?

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I'm running stage 3.5+ with the CP3 pump. Not much feedback to give other than it works perfectly, and now I don't worry about HPFP failure anymore :D
^x2. It's especially nice not worrying on long road trips.

Jim_D

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf
I guess I don't understand why it's on hault?

With a cr170 turbo, all the emissions gone, straight piped, and retuned by malone I don't know why a cp3 will matter?

I don't expect to have a warranty after all those mods anyway....

crazyrunner33

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf(bought back)
I guess I don't understand why it's on hault?

With a cr170 turbo, all the emissions gone, straight piped, and retuned by malone I don't know why a cp3 will matter?

I don't expect to have a warranty after all those mods anyway....
Because we may be required to bring the cars in, VW may face up to $37,500 per car and we do not know the extent of the fix. On top of that, it wouldn't surprise me if the vendors are trying to stay under the radar while the EPA and CARB are on a witch hunt. They probably do not want to become the next H&S.

Mjolnir

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 2012 Passat TDI
Hello all, new here this is my first post. While I am newer to the TDI field I've got a little experience with the diesel performance side of things. I like Jim_D am also confused as to why a mod that is this in depth would be halted because of "Dieselgate" especially since the H&S reference would have more to do with VW then it would the aftermarket. The CP3 is an extremely durable replacement option and "Dieselgate" isn't going to halt the need for a good reliable replacement option.

WalkingDrunken

Veteran Member
TDI
NONE
It's not completely halted. I received my pump directly from 2Micron's distributor yesterday and will have the rest of the kit Friday for an install possibly Saturday.

I don't know what his future production plans are but I know it has become more difficult for 2Micron to source these specific pumps.

I'll have pictures coming as soon as the rest of the parts get here. I am one excited guy!

jbright

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta DSG
It's not completely halted. I received my pump directly from 2Micron's distributor yesterday and will have the rest of the kit Friday for an install possibly Saturday.

I don't know what his future production plans are but I know it has become more difficult for 2Micron to source these specific pumps.

I'll have pictures coming as soon as the rest of the parts get here. I am one excited guy!
Keep us posted.

jaymzaugust

TDI
2009 Jetta
Start cranking 'em out like sausages!

Hey that's a bit of a relief on the CP3 retrofit kits. I have my 120k mile timing belt job approaching in 6,000 miles. Seems like the opportune time to go CP3, just as the warranty on the OEM HPFP expires.

Biggu

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW PANA/ NAV
Hey that's a bit of a relief on the CP3 retrofit kits. I have my 120k mile timing belt job approaching in 6,000 miles. Seems like the opportune time to go CP3, just as the warranty on the OEM HPFP expires.
my exact plan as well. at 120K, timing belt, water pump, Clutch kit, CP3 kit, and CR170 turbo.

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
^x2. It's especially nice not worrying on long road trips.
This was exactly my concern, but rather that the new style pump might fail and getting a replacement on the road might be difficult.
I purchased the 2 Micron filter/bypass system and I have great respect for Andy and I was very tempted and would have gotten the system when he contacted me since I put pretty high mileage on my cars.
I am certain that this is a great mod, just getting a new pump on the road in the US was a concern.
I would jump on it if it were a more easily obtained part.
I feel very comfortable with the filter setup and 2 Micron's work and have no qualms on the quality and engineering of his systems.
When the wife's new 2013 JSW gets out of the warranty mileage I will be installing one on it. (assuming he will sell me one!)
Great Job Andy (and how is the trailer working out for you. I bet the hot rod you have pulls it with ease).
I like the built in lift pump etc and I think I would still install the filter eventhough the reliability is much better.
I understand that the next Diesel (if there is one) will have a pump cooled and lubricated with engine oil. First VW since the old Rabbits for that. Probably got tired of lube problems with fuel lubricated pumps.

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
*Snip*... I understand that the next Diesel (if there is one) will have a pump cooled and lubricated with engine oil. First VW since the old Rabbits for that. Probably got tired of lube problems with fuel lubricated pumps.
Oh really?? Would be interesting if those could be retrofitted to our cars with very little effort :D

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
The CP3 is so reliable that failures are very rare. And when they do happen, it tends to be a gradual failure that you can see coming for quite a long time before it completely gives up the ghost. If I had any concerns(which I don't) , I would just bring my old inferior but operable cp4 hpfp and the few other necessary bits in a small box along with me on long road trips. Problem solved. But I'm confident enough in the CP3 not to bother.

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
Good to know, but if my 2009 JSW or 2103 JSW died on the road I would be stuck with a dealer or Guru.
The additional expense is just the gamble you have to take with these TDIs.
I trust that 2 Micron has chosen well with the pump and maybe later after the new car is out of warranty.
If the 2009 pump goes then I would probably install the CP3.
Until then I will just soldier on with the CP4 (if I have the numbers right!)
Still great workmanship and design.
Just my thinking at the time.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yeah, the failure rate of the cp4 is way overblown. And the failure rate of the CP3 is practically nonexistent. The problem is the resultant damage when the cp4 implodes. If you have Andrew's contain flow kit, then you are covered. The CP3 really shines when you start doing performance enhancements.

Terry270

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf, 10 A3
Cp3 is pretty much bulletproof. I have a friend with a 2007 Dodge dually with 1.2 million miles. Still original cp3 running strong

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Cp3 is pretty much bulletproof. I have a friend with a 2007 Dodge dually with 1.2 million miles. Still original cp3 running strong
!

Seriously, a picture of odometer and the body. Curious if it's the auto or the g56 too

Terry270

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf, 10 A3
!

Seriously, a picture of odometer and the body. Curious if it's the auto or the g56 too

Its nothing to look at lol. But he has got his moneys worth out of it, he transports travel trailers from manufacturers to dealers. He is on his 3rd 68rfe(auto)

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
I figured more then one auto was in it. Only way they last any mileage is get in high gear and stay in high gear.

TDIA3

TDI
2011 A3 TDI 2260vk
I AM finishing up my pump install. GTB2260vk and ALL the other modifications.. seriously looking forward to it. Next is injectors...

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Sweet!! Did you get the darkside 2260 kit? Did you upgrade the clutch too, or is it dsg? Looks great.

TDIA3

TDI
2011 A3 TDI 2260vk
Sweet!! Did you get the darkside 2260 kit? Did you upgrade the clutch too, or is it dsg? Looks great.
I put this turbo kit in custom more than two years ago. All custom tubular manifold. And I have a DSG with SSP 1,000hp clutches. They hold fantastic. I have nothing but great things to say about SSP.

YukonLT

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6MT
I put this turbo kit in custom more than two years ago. All custom tubular manifold. And I have a DSG with SSP 1,000hp clutches. They hold fantastic. I have nothing but great things to say about SSP.
Very cool. I didn't know there were injectors available yet for our cars.

TDIA3

TDI
2011 A3 TDI 2260vk
Very cool. I didn't know there were injectors available yet for our cars.
When i was at SOWO 2014 Kerma said they are going to be finishing up some testing on there CR injectors but to no avail. so .. i will wait.. Im not a huge KERMA fan. not being rude just never impressed me ..

camboscams

TDI
2014 JSW Stg 2 Malone, CP3 HPFP
How are you dealing with DMF shudder? And where in VA are you? I would love to see your setup. PM me if you want

TDIA3

TDI
2011 A3 TDI 2260vk
How are you dealing with DMF shudder? And where in VA are you? I would love to see your setup. PM me if you want
Newport News.. Volks and Rings is my shop that i work at.
I have a DSG so i don't have any DMF shudder.. ALSO i believe that ECS tuning is going to have a SMF conversion soon for the 6 speed cars.
WE deal quite a bit with ECS tuning .

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Hey, "Newbie!" ;) I was wondering if that was you. Now that you're finally here officially, welcome to the Club!