Imported TDI's and 'dieselgate'

Michi

TDI
Jetta sportwagon 2014
Gerpeters, I e-filed my docs on Wed. Fingers crossed we will hear something this week. I can't recall seeing any time lines about this stage of the process. It's good to hear about people getting the fixes, but there is less posted about buybacks. Are you still in touch with the guy in Ajax. Pickering?

andrewface

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
I'm still on blue eyes documents being reviewed. So frustrating I just want this nightmare to be over.

loujet

Veteran Member
on my side, document package complete: green checked on 11/01/2017

since then, nothing else happened...

andrewface

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
I just got green check marks finally! Now I wait for the next step which it says is review by independent claims supervisor.

norcorider

TDI
2013 Passat TDI (Buyback completed Dec 21st)
Someone on Facebook group got buyback appointment for Dec 21. He is from Montreal and has an imported TDI.
If things proceed that at this pace, we will probably be into spring or maybe summer before we get an appointment.
Appointments for fix have already started it seems.

benficais

TDI
jetta 2009
DAY 26 - DEC 4, 2017

I just received a call from Ricepoint and made an appointment to drop my car off at a VW Dealer on Dec 21, 2017. I was allowed to choose any dealer I wanted so I choose the dealer that had the earliest appointment date near my house. I would have had to wait until Jan 2018 if I went with the first dealer, so keep this in mind when they call so you don't get stuck waiting longer.

The person on the phone will ask you to confirm your details and ask a bunch of questions about your car but its all straight forward.

I confirmed that payment will be in USD and a cheque will be sent via FedEx, 15 business days after dropping off the vehicle at the dealer.

There is finally light at the end of the tunnel......

Michi

TDI
Jetta sportwagon 2014
Have my buyback appointment

I got my call from RicePoint yesterday. Answered a bunch of questions about the condition of my car (no I haven't tampered with the odometer... replaced panels, etc). My appointment is on Dec 20th. Cheque will come up to 15 days later by Fed Ex! Really! After all this I have to wait two weeks to get another car! I hope the dealership lives up to its offer of a free car to use in the meantime. My new car arrived on the lot yesterday! Yay! Fingers crossed it all works out. They seem to finally be moving forward with us.

andrewface

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
Here's a new question for everyone: How are you guys planning on converting your money from USD to CAD? Any tips for getting cheap exchange rates?

benficais

TDI
jetta 2009
Here's a new question for everyone: How are you guys planning on converting your money from USD to CAD? Any tips for getting cheap exchange rates?
Unless you have a business and use a foreign exchange company on a regular basis your just going to have to bite the bullet and get stuck with your banks chequing/foreign exchange rate. The only other option is if you can afford to have the money sit in a USD chequing/savings account you can wait and see if the USD dollar goes up but if it doesn't you can also loose money.

FYI: The bank will probably not clear the draft/cheque for at least 2 weeks if not 4 weeks especially if it is a US draft/cheque from a US bank. If the US cheque is from a Canadian bank and you use the same bank as VW then it will probably clear sooner.

andrewface

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
Unless you have a business and use a foreign exchange company on a regular basis your just going to have to bite the bullet and get stuck with your banks chequing/foreign exchange rate. The only other option is if you can afford to have the money sit in a USD chequing/savings account you can wait and see if the USD dollar goes up but if it doesn't you can also loose money.

FYI: The bank will probably not clear the draft/cheque for at least 2 weeks if not 4 weeks especially if it is a US draft/cheque from a US bank. If the US cheque is from a Canadian bank and you use the same bank as VW then it will probably clear sooner.
This was pretty much my understanding of it as well so glad we're on the same page. I just figured I'd ask in case there were any secrets out there.

andrewface

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
Got my letter today! getting it notarized tonight. I am assuming a Canadian notary is okay...

andrewface

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
Final Offer Letter submitted and is currently under review. Light at the end of the tunnel! Woo

mcjvw

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Final offer received 2 days ago. Notarized and returned yesterday (make sure you include all pages, not just the signature pages). Got call today from Ricepoint and scheduled appointment for early January.

Does anyone know which financial institution VW is using for the checks? I intend to present the check at whichever bank it is in USA and transfer to cash to get better exchange rate and minimize delays. Just need to give the bank notice to pull the cash together.

norcorider

TDI
2013 Passat TDI (Buyback completed Dec 21st)
Buyback completed. It takes a while because they send all the information and pictures online and someone in US reviews them before sending the receipt via email. Good luck all and Happy holidays!