Who’s Behind This Bizarre Chain Of Craigslist Volkswagen Passat TDI Wagon Thefts?

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
That is bizarre. I guess the guy liked his first stolen passat wagon a lot. Maybe he thought he might be able to steal some part the first car needed, then just decided to take the whole car.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Sounds like the scammer has TDI issues.

But then so do most people on this site... :D

Zambee500

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI GLS, 2014 NMS Passat TDI SEL Premium
Now now, two cars doesn't maketh a chain of stolen cars. Simple, he found the perfect car, and targeted it and stole the first one he came across. Only then did he learn about the dreaded balance shaft module. So he found another one, made sure to listen to the engine for any sounds of marbles in a blender, and then stole a better one with a BSM-delete.

Dollars to dog nuts that stolen one he left at the second seller's house has a chain-driven BSM inside.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
"So, funny story - I got this Passat TDI Wagon in Oregon (or Washington) and..." :D

If the culprit will be found, good chance it would be in this forum...

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Now now, two cars doesn't maketh a chain of stolen cars. Simple, he found the perfect car, and targeted it and stole the first one he came across. Only then did he learn about the dreaded balance shaft module. So he found another one, made sure to listen to the engine for any sounds of marbles in a blender, and then stole a better one with a BSM-delete.
Dollars to dog nuts that stolen one he left at the second seller's house has a chain-driven BSM inside.
Or had torn CV boots!

Volk14

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat wagon TDI, 99 Beetle ALH
So interesting. I read that article yesterday and thought it was BS.

Lots of crazy people out there. I never thought someone would do that but you never know.