Someone please help.

lovetogo

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Guys my neighbor that I picked up this 2006 TDI from picked this Jetta up needing a eng he did the repower himself. While benched he rebuilt the turbo. He loved the car drove it maybe 3 months to only not restart after work one day. he sells it to me I do the colt cam, get join thins great forum, and with you guys help I find the no fuel problem " fuel filter housing " car starts idles like a clock, back the car out, get to the road only to have no power, an dytons of blak smoke. Now if I turn the car off, restart and take off very very slowly letting on and of till it sometimes hits that sweet spot and voom off I go. power power trans shifts great! as long as I keep the RPMs up... all is good. Here's my question . my neighbor tells me that he used had to use ross-tect and calibrate the turbo actuator . I told him no one on the form has ever made any comment about such need I pulled the codes and there was a code on the actuator . what say you guys. I have to be the rich mechanic guy. rite?

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Can you do us a favor and please proof read your post. I’m having issues trying to read this and understand exactly what you are trying to say.

for instance "He loved the car drove it maybe 3 months to only not restart after work one day" does not sound like the words from someone who has a reading level past the 1st grade.

Put your posts into Microsoft word, and proof read it.

"I have to be the rich mechanic guy. rite?"

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?

None of your post makes any sense what so ever. And you’re not asking us anything!

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Do you have VCDS to data log the car? Sounds like it's immediately going into limp mode for a boost related issue. That wouldn't throw a check engine light, but VCDS would be able to pick it up under measuring block 11. The smart actuator can be deleted easily in the software, but the turbo still has to be performing fine otherwise.

lovetogo

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Do you have VCDS to data log the car? Sounds like it's immediately going into limp mode for a boost related issue. That wouldn't throw a check engine light, but VCDS would be able to pick it up under measuring block 11. The smart actuator can be deleted easily in the software, but the turbo still has to be performing fine otherwise.
Thanks for being kind, and trying to help someone with out trying to make them feel like **** do to a lack of much education. I do have the Ross-T software . Let me also add a bit more info on the car. the P,Owner. made somewhat of a cover to block the EGR. it is in place to hold the cover and also plugged in, I have taken the inner cooler tube off at the intake, and started the eng . I see that the flap is all but closed . I well go out now and look around in the software. once more thanks for the help in this matter.

migbro

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL
"I have to be the rich mechanic guy. rite?"

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?
Pretty obvious to me he's saying the cost of fixing the PO's tooefing falls on his shoulders now.

If you can't parse his prose maybe you're coming up a little short in the ability department too. Just sayin'.

migbro

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL
Thanks for being kind, and trying to help someone with out trying to make them feel like **** do to a lack of much education. I do have the Ross-T software . Let me also add a bit more info on the car. the P,Owner. made somewhat of a cover to block the EGR. it is in place to hold the cover and also plugged in, I have taken the inner cooler tube off at the intake, and started the eng . I see that the flap is all but closed . I well go out now and look around in the software. once more thanks for the help in this matter.
I'm no guru but you're probably going to find the problem lies in your neighbor's turbo "rebuild." If you're still on speaking terms with him, ask him exactly what he did and where he bought the parts. I'll go out on a limb and guess you're going to find Chinese parts at the bottom of this rabbit hole.

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
Pretty obvious to me he's saying the cost of fixing the PO's tooefing falls on his shoulders now.

If you can't parse his prose maybe you're coming up a little short in the ability department too. Just sayin'.
No. It's not obvious. I didn't understand that part either.

I almost did a TL DR on it. He combines two sentences into one a few times. Thankfully, he did throw them in at times to make some semblance.

His ability to write coherently is bad, but it's not the worst I've seen. I was able to reread his sentences a few times and get the gist of it of what he was saying, but it's a struggle.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Asking for help and not helping yourself by making things easier for others and asking that everyone else take the effort to decipher the code of Ebonics used in a post is not a good way to ask for help.
It’s not like this is 1994 where you need to insert a floppy disk into a crazy computer just to load a dictionary or have one on hand! Its 2017 where every phone and PC comes with autocorrect or some sort of word processing program. This guy goes out of his way to make a post this awful and I’m made out to be a bad guy when I call him out as the troll he is? Ok. Hope I did not give anyone any more strokes from reading this! Guess they don’t have any schools in Georgetown IN