Alternator + Alt Pulley Tools

scottw99

TDI
2002 Jetta 5MT
Anyone have the metalnerd alternator tools required for the pulley job that they wouldn't mind lending?

Found my tensioner strut pretty beat up and loose and shaking. Going to check the alt pulley but it sounds like I'll need tensioner+idler+alternator pulley to fix it up good.

2ManyKMfor1Tank

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
I have the set, up north of you a good 40 minutes, but send me a pm if you don't mind the drive. I also suggest soaring on a creeping lubricant in the meantime, mine was a real bugger to break loose.

scottw99

TDI
2002 Jetta 5MT
Scott, pretty sure im the one who replied to you on fb, but check this out thread for tips if its tight

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=234251
It came off fine, although I did take the alternator out of the car. Unless you modify the PA bit then you can't do it with that kit at least while the alt is still hooked up. Wasn't too bad, just some figuring and fiddling with the alt for the first time I took it off.

steve6

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta tdi
It came off fine, although I did take the alternator out of the car. Unless you modify the PA bit then you can't do it with that kit at least while the alt is still hooked up. Wasn't too bad, just some figuring and fiddling with the alt for the first time I took it off.
Ya you have to shorten it.