Bumper Humper, 2002 Golf TDI

Redneck Truck

Gone, but not forgotten
TDI
2008 Touareg V10, 2001 Audi TTQ Roadster TDI 6-speed, 2005 Jetta Wagon TDI 6-speed
My 2002 was involved in a bumper humper today and I'll probably be looking for parts soon. Damage includes:

- front bumper and valance
- both fenders
- core support
- a/c receiver/drier (bent)
- a/c condenser core (bent)
- tabs on both headlights
- both fenders (look straight but don't line up)
- bumper grille
- rear bumper and valance
- both taillights
- tow hook (possibly bent)
- mufflerectomy pipe (possibly bent)

I was not driving the vehicle, but the driver of the vehicle was not at fault, and the driver deemed at fault assured us his insurance company would pay for all damages. Not sure if I'll be repairing the car again or collecting the money and disassembling the car, and making better use out of all the parts. Not many good parts left on this car, so would just as soon see it on Craigslist and driving to Mexico. Suggestions and input welcome.

Last edited:

dogdots

Vendor
TDI
None
Lets see, how far is Plain-Oh Texas from KC.....:p

Sorry to hear your misfortune. My dad once had an Opel Manta coupe that was a bullseye. Got hit and repaired 4 times before one day it started itself in his work parking lot (federal courthouse :eek:) and then committed suicide by driving itself into a wall and catching fire. That was sure an interesting day for my dad.

If ya decide to cut your losses, I would certainly understand.

Weren't you waffling a few years ago on fixing this one in the first place?

If you wanna sell it, let me know what you want for it.

Last edited:

Redneck Truck

Gone, but not forgotten
TDI
2008 Touareg V10, 2001 Audi TTQ Roadster TDI 6-speed, 2005 Jetta Wagon TDI 6-speed
Thanks for the story about the opel. That cheered me up. I've driven to Kansas city for less, and I've got friends and family up that way. Are you interested in an ugly golf?