2014 manual - feeler

bcfast

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE TDI, 6MT, 27k miles, Opera Red. Bone stock CPO car. Aquired 11/27/15
Hey gang! I haven't been on here for quite a while!! I need your opinions on what to do with my Passat.
2014 SE manual gearbox car. 74,000 miles and runs like a champ! It is un-fixed...bone stock. Should I sell it the way it is, or get a little fix money first then sell it? What is the market out there for fixed vs. Un-fixed?
Thanks for your insights!

BC

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
You’ll come out better if you sell it back. But if your paperwork isn’t submitted then you’re about out of time for the buyback. I’m not sure about the deadline for the fix.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I thought there was no EPA "fix" for '12-'14 Manual Passats.

Or am I just going crazy and making stuff up?

d2freeman

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
Correct no fix approved, only buyback and the deadline for submitting a claim is September 1, and that is for a completed claim, so hopefully he has already submitted the claim.

bcfast

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE TDI, 6MT, 27k miles, Opera Red. Bone stock CPO car. Aquired 11/27/15
Thanks...

I haven't submitted anything...I thought I was ineligible for a buyback because i purchased the car after the scandal was announced. Still don't care as it's a terrific vehicle and it seems pretty rare with a manual. Highway mileage with a/c and cruise control is about 55mpg hand calc.
Take that, Prius!

I appreciate your responses.
BC

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
I haven't submitted anything...I thought I was ineligible for a buyback because i purchased the car after the scandal was announced. Still don't care as it's a terrific vehicle and it seems pretty rare with a manual. Highway mileage with a/c and cruise control is about 55mpg hand calc. Take that, Prius! I appreciate your responses.
BC

Then by all means, drive on and worry less.

:)

BroncoAZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Touareg Lux, 2015 Passat 6MT, 2009 Jetta (long gone), 2011 Touareg (bought back 02/18)
Sell it back if you can, probably find a nice 2015 with a super warranty and still have some cash in your pocket.