Gf performance chips? Legit?

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
My first thought is "you get what you pay for". Talk to a respected tuner and buy a real ECU tune and you will be much happier. Search for Malone Tuning or RocketChip or Revo, or others.

Have Fun!

Don

drrck

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS MKIV
Looks like any number of the other ebay "chips" available. This one modifies intake air temp readings reported back to the ECU.

In my experience these things are no better than the EVRY mod.

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 wagon TDI, 2003 wagon Tdi, 2013 Q7 Tdi
My first thought is "you get what you pay for". Talk to a respected tuner and buy a real ECU tune and you will be much happier. Search for Malone Tuning or RocketChip or Revo, or others.

Have Fun!

Don
Tdtuning, Kerma tdi, malone tuning, rocketchip all do tuning, all bias removed

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Tdtuning, Kerma tdi, malone tuning, rocketchip all do tuning, all bias removed
No bias intended. That's why I said "or others". You are correct that TDTuning (VWMikel) and KermaTDI (Paul) both offer good tunes for the OP's '06 Jetta. I suspect that F1Tuning (Tonino) and others also have excellent tunes available. I was not trying to give a complete list, just giving the OP an idea of what might be a better option than his cheap (but still over priced) eBay resistor box.

Have Fun!

Don

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
No bias intended. That's why I said "or others". You are correct that TDTuning (VWMikel) and KermaTDI (Paul) both offer good tunes for the OP's '06 Jetta. I suspect that F1Tuning (Tonino) and others also have excellent tunes available. I was not trying to give a complete list, just giving the OP an idea of what might be a better option than his cheap (but still over priced) eBay resistor box.

Have Fun!

Don
Yes your right, i missed some! Lots to choose from

wrenchfingers

TDI
06 jetta tdi
Its the same exact bs as the ebay "chips". Just a resistor for the intake air temp sensor that fools the ecm into thinking its taking in colder, denser air, thus more fuel. not exactly gonna work on a tdi. only sorta works on a gasser. Anyway, its just a 15 cent resistor being sold for 69.99. What a bargain!

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
:eek:i dunno he also puts k&n in his tdi and brags about it:eek: